Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New with tags lewis leathers black star lightning jacket 40 42

Corsair42

One of the Regulars
I've listed this on eBay but open to sensible cash offers. Will post further info and pictures later today. Listing is at the link below. Size is 42 but is will suit 40 or 42.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=252059205193&alt=web

IXL

One Too Many
If you were located in the States, I would have bought this 11 hours after seeing your listing.........

Corsair42

One of the Regulars
I can ship to overseas bidders, US, Japan etc. There are some countries and buyers I won't ship to. If you email me on eBay and let me know you followed the link from fedora lounge I can calculate postage.

Corsair42

One of the Regulars
Auction ending 26 August. I couldn't upload extra photos but there lots in the eBay listing.

The jacket can be shipped worldwide and will be shipped in an eastman leathers rigid jacket carton. Please email via eBay for shipping info and costs.

The jacket should fit someone 40 to 42 chest, average height, sleeve length and up to a 34 waist but 32 would be perfect.
Sleeves are lined in red satin as a custom option. Only other modification to the standard lewis lightning sizing and spec was an increase in length at the rear to 26.5 as the original is very short and half an inch on the rear length is the drop so the jacket fits like a 26 inch rear length jacket.

The body lining is quilted cotton sailcloth in the iconic lewis leathers crimson. Zippers and fasteners are Lightning with a Clix main zipper. Collar buttons down to chest and lapels when zipped and unzipped respectively. Rear waist adjusters are great and do not slip once fastened.

This is a classic British style motorcycle jacket, more tailored and fitted and with less bells and whistles than some of the boxy and garish American styles.

The jacket is cowhide and as with all current Lewis jackets is in another league to other jacket makers output. There is a reason for the lengthy waiting list. Check out the Lewis Leathers Facebook page to see the guys who have dropped by the London shop to collect their jackets in person in the last few months alone (Iggy Pop, Pharrell williams). For fit pics Google recent pics of pharrell williams and he is pretty much wearing lewis lightning jackets constantly.

Only selling this as I have three lewis jackets and have an idea for a new one and this one wasn't getting worn simply because I broke in a super monza first and fancy something in brown. I wear one of these on my motorcycle and although there are no armour pockets a back protector vest will fit underneath.

For anyone who thinks these are fashion items in comparison to the vintage jackets. This is the cowhide version and it's seriously tough, most modern motorcycle jackets are made from far inferior and thinner leathers. Unlike the sheep hide versions of these (which is where the perception that these are non-riding jackets come from), the cowhide takes some breaking in. My super monza took around two months of wear to lose the new jacket sheen and soften up. The black cowhide lewis uses is unparalleled, once the sleeves crease up the hues come through and it's instantly recognisable as a lewis jacket. Everyone has their opinions on who makes the best jackets but if you haven't owned one of these you haven't owned the best.

Current price for this jacket plus custom sleeve option is around £800 or $1255 plus a lengthy wait for the jacket to be made due to demand and craftsmanship. No reserve on the auction and it could be yours this weekend.

Last edited:

Corsair42

One of the Regulars
Relisted to end 2nd September with international shipping added through the eBay global shipping program.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=252070745487&alt=web

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld