Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Window Display. Flying Ace's theme.

Marty M.

Vendor
Thanks Guys.

Thanks Guy's for your comments. Good point Indy. Rumble, even though I've been wearing fly's in my lapels for twenty five years. And we put them our customers suits, I have no idea the names of the flys. I just call my fly guy and tell him what colors I want and how many. As a matter of fact, I don't fish [huh] . I do plan on taking up fly fishing someday. Thanks.
Marty

LaMedicine

One Too Many
I love all the pics you post of your store displays.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
How I wish I lived close enough so I could drag my DH out and give him a good make over. :rolleyes:
On the other hand, my dear late father was a very good dresser without seeming to make much of an effort, he would have loved shopping at your store.

You are a genius of colors and patterns and detail. I am thinking that you would enjoy looking at kimono patterns and combinations if ever you visit Japan. (I can give you an earful of explanations there, I passed the certification last year for intermediate expertise in kimonos and kimono culture. ;) )

Looking forward to your future displays.

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wow Marty, you've really outdone yourself with that window display. :eusa_clap

How long in the prep and creation of the window?

Vintage Betty

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Great windows (as usual), Marty!

BTW, I love this Astaire photo. I don't recall having seen it before.

P1010319.jpg

Marty M.

Vendor
LaMedicine said:
I love all the pics you post of your store displays.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
How I wish I lived close enough so I could drag my DH out and give him a good make over. :rolleyes:
On the other hand, my dear late father was a very good dresser without seeming to make much of an effort, he would have loved shopping at your store.

You are a genius of colors and patterns and detail. I am thinking that you would enjoy looking at kimono patterns and combinations if ever you visit Japan. (I can give you an earful of explanations there, I passed the certification last year for intermediate expertise in kimonos and kimono culture. ;) )

Looking forward to your future displays.

Thank you for your kind words. I would love to hear and see more about the rich history of the Kimono. It would indeed be an honor to visit you in Japan someday. Thank you again for your touching comments.
Marty Mathis

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Outstanding. I really like the theme of this display and you do it so well! Who'd ever thought a Flying Aces/Air Combat theme could look so good in a haberdashery window?

Where'd you get the models?

Marty M.

Vendor
Thanks everybody.

Thanks everybody for your kind words.

Tomasso, The Astaire photo I bought of ebay. I used it last year for my Allen Edmond Trunk Show. My A/E Trunk Show for this year is Thursday, April 24th. So I did my smaller window display with shoes and changed the date on the picture to fit this years date.

Spitfire, I actually thought of you as we did the display.

Scotrace, Thanks buddy. I'd love to meet your pal someday and compare Haberdasher notes.

VB, I love looking through pictures that you post in your Book section for ideas. I try to change my windows every 8 weeks. I'm a big believer in theme displays. We also try to carry the display theme into the interior store displays. Since the clothing is usually made for the window display, and I have to find/buy/borrow props for the displays, I start planning my displays right after we finish putting the newest display in the window.

So right now we're planning our next display. I'm thinking a kind of Havana theme.
Marty

Marty M.

Vendor
More displays.

We like to take our window display theme and continue it into the store. I did not want to hang airplains in the store. But a few well placed pictures and/or props go a long way. Thanks for viewing.
Marty Mathis

P1010306-2.jpg

P1010299.jpg

P1010222.jpg

P1010233-1.jpg

P1010221.jpg

KilroyCD

One Too Many
Marty, your display is just...beyond words! It makes me want to hop a plane and head out to the Twin Cities to pay a visit. (If I had the money, I would!)
Fabulous display, fabulous merchandise (I really like several of those ties)! You are truly a creative genius. Nobody in my area puts such thought and creativity into their displays. Bravo Marty!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld