Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Warm Weather Felt Hat

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
On a hot day, I've never been able to discern an appreciable difference between felt hats that are vented and those that are not. I would think that the kind of vents that consist of a pattern of small holes serve a more decorative purpose, rather than a functional one. I'm curious to know whether other peoples' experiences have been different.

Cheers,
JtL

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Douglas, this could work. I've thought of getting a tip sticker made and just venting through it but the better option my be EricH's idea. Soon I iwll try to get a local artist interested in making a new stamp or two.
JTL, I agree with you. I've never been able to feel a real difference in the vented VS unvented hats but shear science tells us that there IS a difference, I'm just not able to feel it. I'm sure it's pretty minute.

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The logo you currently use for your boxes would make a good tip sticker I think. The hats I have the venting is not only for style as I can feel the air on my balding head.;) Art if you need a ginea pig I will happily sacrifice my head for a test.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
I've been playing with adding vent holes myself. I did this with the fedora that Art made for me. More recently, I took my vintage Royal Stetson Bantam -which is a very lightweight hat- and, after exchanging the grey ribbon for a black one, I added vent holes.

The result can be seen below. Not perfect, but satisfactory:

StetsonBantamwithvents001.jpg

StetsonBantamwithvents002.jpg

StetsonBantamwithvents004.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe