Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New User intro

ksargent

New in Town
Hello all! A few years ago I began to wear caps (after cutting my hair very short). Like most Americans I started wearing ball caps - but that style really wasn't for me. So I recently began to wear flat caps. I've built up a very small collection of Irish-made caps and was looking to expand my knowledge, so I found this forum. So far I have two Donegal tweed caps (one Orvis and one Jonathan Richard) and a Hanna Linen. I have another tweed on the way from Eddie Doherty as well.

The hardest part of starting to wear fitted caps (at least for me) has been zeroing in on my size. Measuring is not as easy as it seems; I came up with up to 1/4" variation from measurement to measurement. I finally settled on 59.5 cm - and have found that 60cm - UK 7 3/8 - US 7 1/2 does the trick for me. But it can be tricky when you are starting out and ordering online.

I look forward to conversing with the people here and expanding my knowledge (and my collection). Here is a photo of the Orvis - a very nice cap. I am curious as to who might be the manufacturer - but haven't been able to find out. Perhaps someone here knows?

Warm regards
Ken (Pensacola, FL)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7591202@N02/4074797067/

Dewhurst

Practically Family
Welcome welcome.

Sizing can be tricky.

Nice to see another flat cap fan.

I hope you get an answer to your question.

Look forward to seeing you around.

ksargent

New in Town
Thanks for the welcome!

To celebrate joining the lounge, I ordered a new cap today - a black Borsalino linen ivy cap. I need some solid colors to go with my tweeds.

Ken

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe