Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Scammer alert: Jerseyfresh1 / Michael Triolo

P2D

One of the Regulars
Happy to report that the person this entire thread is about was arrested this morning in Atlanta on outstanding warrants in SC , theft and possession of stolen property .
It keeps coming back to me that he's telling everyone and his mother still that we have tried to rip him off .. Shit like that catches up to ya. We have spoken to numerous businesses that he has done the same thing to and hopefully this is the course correction thats needed.
Wondered if that was him on your stories today. Will you get any of your stuff back on any compensation?

Bender

One of the Regulars
I don't understand the logic nor the legality by which Paypal can just reverse their initial decisions based on the demand of the scammer's bank.

Paypal held the money and reviewed the dispute, per the terms and conditions of their legally-binding contract with the users. They found in favor of the seller. They then awarded said money to the seller. Whether or not a third party financial institution weighs in after Paypal has made their decision should be irrelevant, at least according to Paypal's own rhetoric regarding buyer and seller "safety."

OldManFung

New in Town
I had dealings with this guy too a couple of months back. He sold me a Y2 Leather jacket and issued a PayPal invoice.

I paid it, he gave me a tracking #, and he sent me a jean jacket instead.

He then made excuses and blamed the shipper and promised to send me the correct item.

He gave me another tracking # which supposedly had the Y2 leather jacket, but it was delivered to a place in South Carolina.

He then ghosted me after repeated attempts to communicate with him.

I started a PayPal dispute with him (to which you have to do the extra step of saying you want PayPal to get involved) and documented all my chats with him. I even included this thread which had a post about the Y2 Leather jacket he was trying to sell.

After a month I won and I got my money back.

I don't really know what this guy strategy was. It seem doomed to fail. But then again, if I didn't include this thread in the PayPal dispute, maybe PP would have sided with him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FedoraAccount