Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Portis

Mr_Misanthropy

Practically Family
Hello folks. I just got my newest acquisition from eBay today, a vintage Portis. It looks black, but it's actually "solar brown". Here's the eBay page...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8396091330&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

When I opened the box, I was in such a hurry to try it on and snap pics, I didn't even notice the eagle hat pin from the description wasn't there, but, after digging in the hat box again, I found it! So, my pics are sans hat pin.. sorry. It's a neat little gold eagle.. well, here are pics.

100_1205.jpg

100_1206.jpg

100_1208.jpg

100_1203.jpg

100_1204.jpg

One question.. the inside band says " XXX Beaver Blend, MELLO-FELT". Anyone have any clue what "Mello Felt" is? Sounds very 70's, or 60's depending on what kind of mellow we're talking about here.

Well that's it! Now i'm on the lookout for a black trilby to go with my 40's Burton's three piece which is on the way.....

Mr_Misanthropy

Practically Family
Thanks, Nick!! And welcome to the Lounge!! I guess i'll be Mr. M, and you be Mr. N. lol And yes, i'll have to take some pics of me with the hat complete with hatpin... but I figure those were enough pics of my ugly mug for one night.

Mr_Misanthropy

Practically Family
Yes, I think you're right. I have a feeling that a wide brim would make me look like a child in dad's hat. But with a stingy brim I look like a Vegas bookie. Just kidding.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe