Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

squid

One of the Regulars
Just joined and thought I'd say hello. I've always been a bit of a hat nut with several mediocre hats over the years. And while I love hats I haven't worn them much. Most of them ended up being given away to friends and/or family. Now that I have two nice hats that needs to change.

The first nice hat I bought was a rich brown Borsalino fedora. I picked it up in Sicily a few years ago. I looked at a lot of hats in Italy, and outside of the really expensive hat shops it's one of the nicer hats I saw. Unfortunately I've had a tendancy to buy hats too small thinking a tight fit prevents it blowing away. Right now I'm stuck with a nice 7 1/8 when I really need a 7 1/4. Maybe when it gets closer to the end of summer I'll look at getting it resized.

My other nice hat is a Brent Black classic fedora. Man that's a nice hat! It sat in a humid room upside down for long enough for the crown to relax some. I think it adds some character so there are no plans to reblock it anytime soon. On Fridays I have been wearing it to and from work. My wife won't let me wear it out with her yet.

Well that's me and my hats. I'll be hanging around in the shadows.

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Welcome..

...come on in! Let me be the first to welcome you to our Lounge. You're amongst friends here, so relax and enjoy.

I'm a two Borso man myself so you see, you've made friends already. You'll fit in nicely. Tell us about yourself and add a few pics, won't you!

-dixon cannon

Snrbfshn

A-List Customer
Pictures required...

Welcome, and belly up to the bar. The price of admission is sharing pix of your hats. I'd particularly like to see some shots of the Brent, a brand I've rarely encountered. I might be mistaken, but I think it was the house label for Montgomery-Ward hats.

TommySalieri

A-List Customer
Welcome aboard! You'll notice that, despite our common appreciation for all things "old fashioned", we continue to be a very diverse and happy community. :)

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Good Day Squid
Welcome to the lounge. Hope you enjoy it here and sounds like you are off to a good start.
Johnny

Pilgrim

One Too Many
Welcome, Squid.

Some good news - you can easily stretch that 7 1/8 to a 7 1/4. Just do some research on this forum, buy a hat stretcher on Ebay or elsewhere, and in about a week you can have that hat comfortably stretched. :D

Actually, the hat gives easily - especially a Borsalino. It's mostly the swetband that takes time to stretch.

squid

One of the Regulars
Snrbfshn said:
Welcome, and belly up to the bar. The price of admission is sharing pix of your hats. I'd particularly like to see some shots of the Brent, a brand I've rarely encountered. I might be mistaken, but I think it was the house label for Montgomery-Ward hats.

Actually it's a new panama. Brent Black picks them up in Monticristi, blocks them in Hawaii, and sells them for an arm and a leg. They are really sweet hats though, and I don't regret spending the money.

Prairie Shade

A-List Customer
BRENT BLACK!!!!!! Slowly I turn - - - -step by step

Welcome aboard Mate!! They say everyone here is just like you!!! Thankfully, theres no one here like me!!! May I be the first to formally introduce you to Panama Bob. If not now, shortly!!!!!!

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Robert Weber...Panamabob.

squid said:
Actually it's a new panama. Brent Black picks them up in Monticristi, blocks them in Hawaii, and sells them for an arm and a leg. They are really sweet hats though, and I don't regret spending the money.

Now you can have a fine Montecristi and keep your arms and legs...

We have here Panamabob at The Fedora Lounge and because of him our members have all there limbs...:eusa_clap :) :eusa_clap

His web site is...

http://www.panamas.biz/

His PM is...

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/member.php?u=56

squid

One of the Regulars
SHARPETOYS said:
Now you can have a fine Montecristi and keep your arms and legs...

We have here Panamabob at The Fedora Lounge and because of him our members have all there limbs...:eusa_clap :) :eusa_clap

I found his website while looking for a new panama, and found a link here. He has an optimo that I'm eyeing. I have been buying the Andy Griffith Show on DVD and noticed a lot of men wearing hats blocked in the optimo style in the second season. Unfortunatley I won't be buying it in the near future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld