Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Langlitz Flight Jacket (Bomber Style) with Pics

mattp

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the input, I think I will get the dress collar and removable mouton :)
ykurtz I'd love to see photos of your collar when you get a chance, I haven't seen too many of the silver grey ones, mainly black and brown. Which lining did you get, the cotton-rayon or nylon?
Cheers,
Matt

Last edited:

TXFlyGuy

Practically Family
The hand warmer pockets look like they're located quite away to to outer edge of the jacket
(almost under the armpits) ... are they still usable ?

This is a good question as two of my jackets, an A-2 and a G-1, have the pockets located where the hand warmer feature is completely useless.

ykurtz

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the input, I think I will get the dress collar and removable mouton :)
ykurtz I'd love to see photos of your collar when you get a chance, I haven't seen too many of the silver grey ones, mainly black and brown. Which lining did you get, the cotton-rayon or nylon?
Cheers,
Matt

They didn't have cotton-rayon available, and I didn't want to wait for it. That would have been my preference going in. The nylon appears fine upon handling. If I feel that it's too hot, etc., I will consider swapping it out later via JL or a local tailor. I have ermazine which I use for suit/sportcoat jackets which is ideal for Texas weather and breathability which I prefer to something with less breathability. OTOH, I imagine there are waterproofing benefits with nylon if you get caught in the rain, etc. Cotton-rayon/Ermazine liners don't do well when they get wet.

ykurtz

One of the Regulars
This is a good question as two of my jackets, an A-2 and a G-1, have the pockets located where the hand warmer feature is completely useless.

You can move the hand warmer pockets towards the main zipper (if you want). I am planning to get a Crescent and I will be doing that mostly for aesthetic reasons, in addition to adding a horizontal left breast zip pocket and a dress collar. It will approximate an Aero Highwayman in appearance, except be perfectly fitted to my frame, which is worth the extra $ to me.

ykurtz

One of the Regulars
That is one great fitting jacket!

Thanks! I was a bit worried going down the customer supplied measurement path, but as long as you follow their directions, and answer any of the follow up questions honestly, you will be VERY happy with the result. Leather is a bit more forgiving than wool re: sizing. Whereas I can feel 1/8"-1/16" discrepancies in a wool jacket, 1/2"- up to 1" discrepancies are barely noticeable in a leather jacket (assuming they are symmetrical). For what it's worth, I measured my jacket upon receipt and compared it to the measurements I submitted: all the lengths and widths were spot on; I think the 'girth' was the one area of subjectivity, which is why they ask you about "snug, average, comfortable, loose" estimations. It's like talking to a doctor; John tries to 'diagnose' your proper fit, using your measurements as a baseline. They've been doing it a while, and it shows.

ykurtz

One of the Regulars
Additional pics showing Mouton Collar

Additional pics showing mouton collar:

Front view:

Rear view:

Collar (detached) front:

Collar (detached) back:

OceanBreeze

One of the Regulars
In case you wanted to see this same jacket but in just a basic style with the normal pockets and a normal dress collar, here it is in medium weight goat (which is substantial and heavy).

IMG_0023.JPG IMG_0024.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82