Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Ladies and Gents Step Forward

FLFedora1224

New in Town
[QUOTE="Doc" Devereux]You're also the seven thousandth member, so an extra-special welcome to you!

That said, it's nice to see so many others coming forward and making themseveles know. We're glad to welcome you all.[/QUOTE]

I saw that in the #7000 thread... cool! Now, I just need to find an avatar as cool as some of the ones here.

volatile

A-List Customer
akula said:
Akula is a class of fast attack russian subs. The patch is from the 18th Flotilla of the Northern Fleet.

Love it! I might have to order myself one... I have no idea what I'd wear it on, but I love it all the same.

ETA: Maybe I could sew it onto a blazer in a bizarre parody of sports club blazers?! :-D

MissHannah

One Too Many
Hello all,

I'm Hannah, living in London, 34 year old graphic designer.

I'm mainly a fifties fan but I slip into the forties too at times. Suits and tailoring are my passion though I love my high-waisted jeans. I've been into vintage since my early teens and since moving to London a few years ago I feel free to dress vintage every day. I struggle with my hair - I've never mastered pincurls despite years of trying. And, yes, I have tried all the tips suggested on the pincurls thread!

My sewing skills are vile but i still give it a go from time to time - mainly I am an ebay junkie, it's still the best place for bargains. London has some amazing vintage shops but they are generally a bit overpriced.

I have a few questions I've been dying to ask for years but I will post those on the appropriate threads. Looking forward to chatting with all the experts and lovely ladies :)

xxx

Twilight

Familiar Face
Hello Hello.
I'm Jackie and I'm 17. I live in western North Carolina. [Near Boone to be more exact].
I've been lurking around here for about two weeks now, so I thought it was time for me to join in on the fun. lol
Anyway, I love history, fashion, and clogging.
Umm...Dunno what else to say about myself!

Twilight

Familiar Face
Hey Everyone!
I've already introduced myself in the Powder Room, but I thought I'd come over here and say hi too! :)
Anyway, I'm Jackie and I'm 17.
I live in North Carolina...and I love history, fashion, and clogging. lol
I look forward to meeting everyone!

volatile

A-List Customer
Twilight said:
Hello Hello.
I'm Jackie and I'm 17. I live in western North Carolina. [Near Boone to be more exact].
I've been lurking around here for about two weeks now, so I thought it was time for me to join in on the fun. lol
Umm...Dunno what else to say about myself!

Is clogging the alphabetical sequitor to blogging? ;)

Welcome to the forum.

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Twilight said:
Hey Everyone!
I've already introduced myself in the Powder Room, but I thought I'd come over here and say hi too! :)

From a fellow "Mountaineer", welcome to the Fedora Lounge.

LadyStardust

Practically Family
Twilight said:
Hey Everyone!

My, my seems like there is quite the fair influx of North Carolinians lately! Welcome, I'm sure you'll enjoy it here! :)

Sassman

New in Town
Graflex Camera

WOW SASSMAN!!

Where did you get the nice Graflex Camera???!!!

I purchased the Graflex from the place of all good things: Ebay.
I perform as a vintage 40's Paparazzi for a few Party Planner/ Special Event agencies here in LA. I've found it invaluable to have 6 vintage cameras with retrofitted, working flashes, to use and rent to others. I've made a cottage industry of creating the flashes for some of my fellow actors. Basically I mount a flash from a disposible camera in a vintage flash body and then I have a repeating, working flash for my events. I will try to post some pix of the camera & flash when I get a chance.

FYI, my avatar photo was shot on the Paramount lot.

Last_Chael

One of the Regulars
Twilight said:

OMG!!! You do clogging to? :D I've been square dancing since I was 3 and clogging since I was 5 (my dad used to teach SD and my mum, clogging). I recently got back into clogging and I just love it!! :D It's so cool to meet another person who does it! Whenever I tell people I do clogging, they always ask how I can dance in those funny wooden shoes! :D

Twilight

Familiar Face
Last_Chael said:
OMG!!! You do clogging to? :D I've been square dancing since I was 3 and clogging since I was 5 (my dad used to teach SD and my mum, clogging). I recently got back into clogging and I just love it!! :D It's so cool to meet another person who does it! Whenever I tell people I do clogging, they always ask how I can dance in those funny wooden shoes! :D
Yay, another clogger! =D Nice to meet you.
[haha I get that same question a lot too. =P]

old yazoo

Familiar Face
and hello to you too!

glad to be aboard!

I'm so impressed by all the gals who look so glamorously vintage and say they dress vintage everyday... it's a struggle for me to get the right look down, so I tend to do it less often than I'd like. I have a feeling I'll be using this forum for advice :eek:

I LOVE 30's and 40's culture - I listen to the music, I watch the movies, I dance the dances...incredible to see so many others living it!

=Clipper=

One of the Regulars
Hello Everyone,
I've already introduced myself in the 'show us your suits' thread recently but just wanted to officially introduce myself. I'm Adrian and I'm 23. I currently reside in a small town called Redlands in sunny (well, not lately) California. I'm sure some fellow loungers heard of it. It's a nice town with alot of history..and a very vintage feel to it!
Anywho, I have been a huge fan of this site and feel that In my past life I lived through the Golden Era. It seems like that to me-Always! I Love All things vintage from Art deco: be it Machine Age, American, Austrian, European, Mexican, etc, History, Cars: from Original to Traditional Kustoms, Music: from 20's depression era to Big Band, to Jazz, to Lounge, Classical and etcetera, and of course Fashion! I hope to contribute to the forum and make some friends along the way.

Kind Regards,
=Adrian=

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
reintroduction....

hello! i've been around for awhile but haven't posted in forever. i've been having a hard time deciding where to post first so i figured this would be a good place! it looks like there's a bunch of new portland gals here - awesome!

Badluck Brody

Practically Family
Welcome everyone!!

Great to see new faces!!

Welcome to all..

You're the man Sassman!!!

You should start a thread and tell about your works and ventures! Before I became a LEO, I was a commercial photographer. But it was the classics and the vintage from where my bug came from!!!

Cheers!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe