Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New HH A-2!

adam

New in Town
Hey all! No longer being a starving student (but not exactly rich yet either!) I finally decided to invest in a horsehide A-2. I've had some not-so-great experiences on Ebay, and figured it would be better in the long run to just go ahead and get a nice new A-2 for myself.
Today my horsehide, seal brown, A-2 arrived from U.S. Authentic. Just thought I'd share some pics. I'm in love with this jacket already. It's almost 70 where I live, but I don't care I'm getting some use out of this one before summer!

IMG_1638.jpg

IMG_1645.jpg

IMG_1651.jpg

fraazierjo

New in Town
new HH A2

Adam,

Can see why you love this leather jacket already. The HH looks nice and heavy - probably has that strong new horsehide smell as well. It needs abut 5 to 6 years of constant wear. Give it your all!

WhiskeyTangoFox

One of the Regulars
Nice one!

That seal looks really nice but that jacket needs some serious break-in time. It reminds me of when I first got my U.S. Authentic - super stiff. Give it about a month or two and it will soften up nicely!

Congratulations on your purchase. Enjoy!

Noel

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Looks great!

My husband and I both have US Authentic horsehide A2s - he has the seal brown and I have the russet. Love them! Very nice jackets. You will enjoy yours very much!

SamReu

One of the Regulars
Spokes Man

A fine jacket, sir! And I offer this unsolicited advice, given freely before: Find a woodpile. Wait until a hard rain. Then, don your A-2, grab the ax and go to work splitting and stacking wood.
Do this for ... oh, once a week, for three months, maybe. The A-2 will loosen up nicely, and you will have a jacket that will serve you like iron.

atkins

Familiar Face
Bullet Proof Jacket

Congratulation on a very good looking A-2 Adam. It seems bulletproof! More photos please on broad daylight. I'm still saving up to get one. What size is that? How's the fit? US'A has been known to be longish on the waist, what do you think?

Stand By

One Too Many
Ah yes! Good eye, Jeff. A bit remiss of us all to miss that little detail !!!

So, well then... the question now would be, how's it looking these days, Adam?! ;)

majormajor

One Too Many
Ah yes! Good eye, Jeff. A bit remiss of us all to miss that little detail !!!

So, well then... the question now would be, how's it looking these days, Adam?! ;)

No SB, Jeff just pointed out that the OP hasn't been here for three years....

So WHY ask him a question????? [huh]

blazerbud

One of the Regulars
Well,
I personally thought it was too big for him and the cut was really too full for my liking. I prefer a more vintage cut and tighter fit. But, that's just me.

Well,
I personally thought it was too big for him and the cut was really too full for my liking. I prefer a more vintage cut and tighter fit. But, that's just me.

Yeah, same thoughts here.
The thread was started back in 2008. I suspect there has been a fair bit of evolution in folks tastes and in what is available in the A2 market since then.
To say nothing of the internet and sites like this priming the demand for higher quality/vintage designs.

Last edited:

Stand By

One Too Many
I personally prefer a more "blousey" A2 over a trimmer style - not quite to that extent, but some would I'm sure. And one can't tell if the wearer has (erm, I mean HAD!) a bit of paunch and it all depends on the climate too - some like some room for some layering (I know I do).
I wonder what year it broke in ? S'pose we'll never know .... I still can't believe I failed to notice the frickin' date! Ha!Ha!Ha! "What a maroon" as my girlfriend would say ...!:p

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Too blousey? Whatcha think?

IMG_1059_zps489e657b.jpg

Black U.S. Authentic mid weight HH. Still trying to knock the shine off'n it. Sent it back once already cause I was swimmin' in it.

Worf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mismichael