Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New here but not new to hats

Akubra Man

One of the Regulars
While I am new to the FL I am not new to hats having worn hat hat in some form since I was a small child. My first grown up hat was given to me when I was 8. It was a Winnipeg, Goldeyes baseball cap and I wore that cap until it was worn out. Later I replaced it with assorted baseball caps until in my early twenties received a navy Fedora as a Christmas gift from my then girlfriend. I was hooked on fur felt hats from then on. Now some twenty five years lated I have a wall with 8 fur felt hats hanging on it in all styles and colors. I have two more coming from eBay auction wins. As my forum ID suggests, I am an Akubra fan. I like the every man casual style the Akubra offers. I look forward to enjoying the Fedora Lounge even more in the future and hope to contribute as much as I can, Cheers, Lyndon in Canada

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Welcome to the lounge, Lyndon. You will enjoy it here. The Akubras as great hats for a reasonable price. I have one now, a Fed Deluxe IV, and am waiting for my second to arrive, a Campdraft, maybe today. I also have another Fed Deluxe IV on my wish list.

stibbons

New in Town
Welcome aboard!

As an Australian I think I'm legally obligated to agree with you that Akubras are very fine hats. I have three and love all of them. That's probably a good thing, as I seem to have trouble finding a fur felt hat that isn't an Akubra...

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
I've got three now (a Federation III, Stockman, and Cattleman) and I just ordered a Bogart yesterday (in Carbon Grey, which turned out to have the dreaded 12-week wait!) Akubras are outstanding hats for the price, even with the exchange rates continually getting worse each time I've ordered one...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe