Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New hats from the Fedora store

Jake Sullivan

One of the Regulars
Greetings to all lid Junkies. If I am not careful I will need to be in a 12 step program to get off my hat addiction lol .
( not likely)

Okay folks ......I have had some hat some purchases arrive lately, and I would like to share them with my friends.
I tried another vendor with a good result but rather expensive. I bought a Stetson straw panama in natural color. I also purchased a raffia Gambler from a comany named PaPas. I had to send it back I was not impressed with the quality. So with the money I was credited, I purchased 2 more Baileys both in wool felt ( The New Yorker center crease in dark grey for my business suits and the Executive in camel color for khakis and such) I will try to post pics if I can fiqure it out. But you can see them in the felt dress section at www.fedorastore.com

I cannot rave enough about The Fedora Store. They always treat you right an my shipments arrive quickly. Thanks for you quick service Duane. I have in the past few weeks at work noticed 3 more gentlemen wearing panamas and fedoras, I guess I started something. I have never heard of a vendor that gives you a place like the lounge to discuss your style and give you a discount for being part of it!
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

thefedorastore

A-List Customer
I cannot rave enough about The Fedora Store. They always treat you right an my shipments arrive quickly. Thanks for you quick service Duane. I have in the past few weeks at work noticed 3 more gentlemen wearing panamas and fedoras, I guess I started something. I have never heard of a vendor that gives you a place like the lounge to discuss your style and give you a discount for being part of it!
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Thanks for the kind words. I do have to clear up one thing though. Although I would love to have been the person to develop TheFedoraLounge, I cannot take credit for any of it, and there is no affiliation other than the fact that I provide a link to the lounge on my website so my customers can become educated about hats. As a matter of fact, I have gained much education from the lounge and it's kind members as well. Also, you might be pleased to know that we also will be carrying Stetson and Dobbs. As we continue to grow, we can continue to offer higher-end hats.
Duane

ortega76

Practically Family
Rick Blaine said:
That is great news !

It's not great news! Now there will be even more hats for me to drool over!

Seriously, I think I'll be purchasing a few hats in time for my birthday! I see you're also in the Chicago area! Another plus for me!

clevispin

One of the Regulars
Its Getting Deep in Here

PLEASE! The poor guy buys a "wool" fedora and everyones slapping his back and kissing a--? A wool fedora is a piece of crap - there is no excuse for it. Vintage fur or even new fur is not that much more expensive than wool so one can't plead poverty. Mr. Fedora is to be congratulated for introducing the unwashed to hat wearing but ought not to be pushing his wool in THIS lounge.

m

UrbanAristocrat

New in Town
Jake Sullivan said:
But you can see them in the felt dress section at www.fedorastore.com

Actually the URL is www.thefedorastore.com. Thanks for the tip! I checked out their site and would have assumed by the prices that the quality is not very good but if Fedora Loungers say otherwise then I believe them! (Although I'm disappointed that so many styles are not sold in fitted sizes, just small, medium or large.)

Jake Sullivan

One of the Regulars
Cranky are we.

clevispin said:
PLEASE! The poor guy buys a "wool" fedora and everyones slapping his back and kissing a--? A wool fedora is a piece of crap - there is no excuse for it. Vintage fur or even new fur is not that much more expensive than wool so one can't plead poverty. Mr. Fedora is to be congratulated for introducing the unwashed to hat wearing but ought not to be pushing his wool in THIS lounge.

m

Sir you are entitled to your own opinion, amoung other things.

thefedorastore

A-List Customer
Prima Donna

I am sure those remarks are just to stir the pot a bit. I am game, and enjoy a good gentlemanly debate.

First, the Martyr: "Sorry, just a down-home guy with mixed tastes, including some down-home tastes."

Second, the smart a--: "A wool hat certainly isn't for prima donnas that consider themselves elitists or aristocrats. These folks have every right to only demand the best commodities on the market. That's what makes retail so fun. I have plenty of great fur felt products for you sir, and no one else will bash you if you decide to purchase one! And I won't even be a "schill" in providing the product."

Third, the good guy: "Just ask, and I would be happy to make you a great deal."

Finally, the smart a-- again: "However, perhaps you would prefer to pay top price.... a matter of social stature perhaps? Also, please take these comments tongue in cheek as I have taken your comments." lol lol lol

clevispin

One of the Regulars
Mr. Store,

Ah - an internet forum - of course, all in good fun. But, I've said my piece and despite the fact that I have no tact, I stand behind it. Wool fedoras are crap crap crap. They are like a cheap toy bought from a dimestore. I give you credit though as you seem to be an excellent retailer and salesman who stands his ground. Perhaps someday we'll have a haberdasher in the forum who'll offer us the t-shirt with a tuxedo silk screened upon it. Maybe we can sell the lad on it.

m

thefedorastore

A-List Customer
clevispin said:
Mr. Store,

Ah - an internet forum - of course, all in good fun. But, I've said my piece and despite the fact that I have no tact, I stand behind it. Wool fedoras are crap crap crap. They are like a cheap toy bought from a dimestore. I give you credit though as you seem to be an excellent retailer and salesman who stands his ground. Perhaps someday we'll have a haberdasher in the forum who'll offer us the t-shirt with a tuxedo silk screened upon it. Maybe we can sell the lad on it.

m

Very well my dear man, crap it is. You also play your part well! I still believe a young man is better in a wool fedora than a ballcap. If it helps the movement, I support it. I would love to see others chime in on this one, no matter their position. lol

D

J.S.Udontknowme

A-List Customer
clevispin said:

m
I have a few wool felt fedoras and several made from fur felt. I just wear the one I want each day and don't worry about what it's made of. I also have two Bailey litefelts that I wear on rainy days. I think I know now why a few people have called me sh*t head. I was wearing crap on my head and didn't know it.

thefedorastore

A-List Customer
J.S.Udontknowme said:
I have a few wool felt fedoras and several made from fur felt. I just wear the one I want each day and don't worry about what it's made of. I also have two Bailey litefelts that I wear on rainy days. I think I know now why a few people have called me sh*t head. I was wearing crap on my head and didn't know it.

MArvelous! Nice, non-partisan approach, and very funny. lol

Jake Sullivan

One of the Regulars
I like my wool hats, and my straws, and my opinion is what counts to me. I still haven't heard an intelligent reason why wool's are.. how was it?...crap crap crap.

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
There isn't anything wrong with wool if thats all you can afford . Fur felt hats will last longer and hold up much longer than wool felt. You can't repair wool like you can fur felt . It's also harder to clean a wool hat.
We do sell alot of wool hats in our stores because of their price point . People consider them disposible hats . I'd suggest a "Lite Felt" hats by Bailey if you want a wool felt hat in the 35.00 range .

Steven
www.bencrafthats.com

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe