Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New hat

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
well, I snagged an old grey knox fifteen today for 30 bucks at an antique mall. it looks brand new condition wise. Original price, $15.00.
fits perfect, and it came from a local store that's long out of business, making it all that much cooler.

PutALidOnIt

One of the Regulars
Good ol' DC!

Cool, Dinerman!

I checked out you blogsite the other day and it brought back memories. The lid sounds like good find for the land of litigation! And let me tell you, there are no sandwiches down here like Roy's Place in G'burg!

If it still exists, and you want to make a decent day trip, try the Prospect Diner on US 30 (PA) on the way up to Lancaster. Three of us stopped there a few years ago and had complete breakfast with tip for under $10.00!! Great food and a real highway diner with a photogenic environment. I hope it's still there. You can also take in the PRR rail museum (lots of big locos and cars + cool images with 40's-50's vibe) and Strasburg Railroad (fun train ride) in the itinerary. Makes a great day of nostalgia for the Golden Era!

Keep the diners and fedoras alive!
:eek:fftopic: :D

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
well thank you!

I'm going to try go reshape this hat, as it looks like it was stored with an open crown for some time. It's got a 5 inch crown, 2.5 inch ribbon, and 3 inch brim. I'll post pics soon.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Once again- a terrible picture. I took it in the bathroom mirror.
ut that's not the point. The point is I have another hat... and less space in the top of my closet.

uh... the picture's huge. let me try that again

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
hat1.jpg

Joel Tunnah

Practically Family
Tony in Tarzana said:
I love the wide brims and the high crowns. I have a big square head so I can get away with 'em.

I agree you look good in them Tony, but I think perhaps too much is made of individual head size/shape and crown height? Look at pics from the 30's and you'll see every head size and shape... pretty much all in tall crowned hats.

I think it's more a case of the modern person getting used to seeing themselves in that style. But then, I am a hat novice, and I defer to you folks on all matters hat.

Joel

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
actimally