Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Eastman B3!

dmcburn75

New in Town
My first experience with Eastman leather was several years ago via HPA. I wanted a Luftwaffe Jacket and was sent an A2 for sizing purposes. My initial response was the jacket was well made but too thin for my liking. Admittedly, I was no expert in WW2 era reproductions and my only A2 was a Lost Worlds that wore and still wears like armor. In hindsight I wish I would have kept the Eastman A2.

So, last week I decided to purchase an Eastman B3 as a gift for a family member. The jacket arrived in good time and I must say it is nothing short of exquisite. It is truly a work of art obviously reminiscent of a time when things were made to last. The broken gain of the sheepskin really adds a nice touch and makes the jacket pop. It in no way compromises quality as I feared but makes the jacket look, well… REAL. Heck, the packaging in all its retro glory was enough for me to give it 5 stars!

But my biggest complaint… I now have an addiction to these jackets and may be getting carried away.

alfyman

One of the Regulars
dmcburn75 said:
My first experience with Eastman leather was several years ago via HPA. I wanted a Luftwaffe Jacket and was sent an A2 for sizing purposes. My initial response was the jacket was well made but too thin for my liking. Admittedly, I was no expert in WW2 era reproductions and my only A2 was a Lost Worlds that wore and still wears like armor. In hindsight I wish I would have kept the Eastman A2.

So, last week I decided to purchase an Eastman B3 as a gift for a family member. The jacket arrived in good time and I must say it is nothing short of exquisite. It is truly a work of art obviously reminiscent of a time when things were made to last. The broken gain of the sheepskin really adds a nice touch and makes the jacket pop. It in no way compromises quality as I feared but makes the jacket look, well… REAL. Heck, the packaging in all its retro glory was enough for me to give it 5 stars!

But my biggest complaint… I now have an addiction to these jackets and may be getting carried away.
I Regret selling my Eastman B3 jacket years ago and after a long search for a new one since the prices are now sky high, I was able to make payments on a Cirrus B3 jacket. I still miss the Eastman though,

JLStorm

Practically Family
Why dont I have any family members that buy me jackets?!? Oh...BTW.

worthlesswithoutpics

You knew someone was going to do it...might as well be me!

dmcburn75

New in Town
Here some pics. I only wish they came close to doing this jacket justice. Enjoy

DSC02121.jpg

DSC02128.jpg

DSC02131.jpg

DSC02133.jpg

DSC02124.jpg

DSC02130.jpg

Measurements:
Size 48
Back Collar seam to bottom: 28"
Front Zip length: 23 3/4"
Front pit to pit: 22"
Back Pit to pit: 23"
**4inches on each side of pit making total about 52-53"
Sleeve seam to end of knit: 26"

JLStorm

Practically Family
So you've got me curious. Hopefully Im not prying and I understand if you prefer not to answer this question, but Im going to ask it anyway:

That is one hell of a gift, what made you decide on getting this person a B3 out of all the gifts you could give? Is/was this person in the military, are they a flight jacket aficionado?

What an awesome gift!

Radz108

One of the Regulars
Is it better to order ELC jackets from HPA or directly from Eastman Leather UK? I just ordered an ELC Roughwear (Redskin) B3 from the UK website and the conversion from British pounds to Canadian dollars would have put the jacket around $925 Canadian without taxes and such. However if I ordered from HPA (history preservation assoc.), the same jacket would cost me $1242 US. Is there benefit from ordering from HPA than Eastman UK if you live in North America particularly Canada?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe