Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Beaver Brand 10X in Hand

Status
Not open for further replies.

thefedorastore

A-List Customer
Okay, for those of you asking for more info about the quality and pictures, here ya go!

beaver01.jpg

beaver02.jpg

beaver03.jpg

beaverbrandlogo.jpg

Nice smooth finish. Quality felt, although heavier than the best vintage hats, but to be expected. This one weighs 4.7 oz. Beautiful liner. Smooth nice leather sweat sewn with two rows. The liner is tacked with a fabric glue. This is good for removing for cleaning and blocking.

Regards,
Duane

Joel Tunnah

Practically Family
Now that's the kind of photography I was talking about! Thanks Duane.:eusa_clap

That's a really nice looking hat. I like the welted edge and wide ribbon.

What is its open crown height?

thefedorastore

A-List Customer
I cannot discuss sales here, just the quality and make-up of the product. I can tell you that there is no beaver in this, as discussed in previous threads. Actually B Brand is changing the name of the felts and ridding themselves of the ever-so controversial X's.

Duane

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The hat looks really nice. A 5"crown sound substancial too. Thank very much for wetting my appitite.

Fedorista

Familiar Face
thefedorastore said:
I cannot discuss sales here, just the quality and make-up of the product. I can tell you that there is no beaver in this, as discussed in previous threads. Actually B Brand is changing the name of the felts and ridding themselves of the ever-so controversial X's.

Duane

Yet '10X Beaver' is printed on the sweatband?????

Yeah, I was once acquainted with a guy (he occasionally patronized one of my favorite dives) who insisted that his Beaver brand hat was "100 percent beaver skin." Not fur, skin. And I'd be surprised if it had any beaver content at all.
I saw no point in arguing with him. There's no reasoning with people who are adamant about something that just plain ain't true.

thefedorastore

A-List Customer
Fedorista said:
Yet '10X Beaver' is printed on the sweatband?????

Yeah, I didn't see that. It should read Beaver Brand. Anyway, I am sure they have received a lot of crap about that since they are ridding themselves of the Xs. That could have been intentionally misleading by some previous marketeer in the company, huh? I am sure, and would never deny, that their company must have certainly taken advantage of their name to sell hats. All I know is that I received this hat today, it has NO beaver, and is a very nice fur felt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe