Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New AL Roadster in FQHH Havana Brown

One small piece of advice. Those seeking to limit their alcohol intake should not hang out in bars, and those seeking to quit using crack should not loiter in crack houses. TFL is the bar/crack house of outerwear addicts. We are facilitators, not interveners. We are the antithesis of a nicotine patch. Five jackets you say? Sit down, make yourself comfortable and have a drink on me . . . this bar never closes.

This isn't even a joke! The thought that I should just leave this place has seriously been rattling around in my brain for the past several days, because it really, really isn't doing me any good. I've no money & less on the way, and all I'm thinking about is how to get this jacket or how to get that jacket - especially when I see someone posting something insanely nice, which happens every time I log in, it's all I can think of.

I've somehow managed to limit myself to styles so right now I need to have something collared... Something like the Dominator. Which costs over 800 GBP. So yeah, I have to convince myself I don't need another CR, which is a lie. Not that I have that many, just three. Four. And I got them cheap! But... Point is, it's not a good place, it isn't. Not if you don't have the money needed to support this addiction and addiction it is. Speaking of bars, I need another drink...

Stand By

One Too Many
This isn't even a joke! The thought that I should just leave this place has seriously been rattling around in my brain for the past several days, because it really, really isn't doing me any good. I've no money & less on the way, and all I'm thinking about is how to get this jacket or how to get that jacket - especially when I see someone posting something insanely nice, which happens every time I log in, it's all I can think of.

I've somehow managed to limit myself to styles so right now I need to have something collared... Something like the Dominator. Which costs over 800 GBP. So yeah, I have to convince myself I don't need another CR, which is a lie. Not that I have that many, just three. Four. And I got them cheap! But... Point is, it's not a good place, it isn't. Not if you don't have the money needed to support this addiction and addiction it is. Speaking of bars, I need another drink...

Not sure that I quite agree, Monitor. I'm broke too, so we're in the same boat - and I feel the same yearnings for another fix. There's nothing worse than an itch you can't scratch …
And yet, I find myself living vicariously through the many others here who can buy something nice for themselves and I can enjoy that - and I'm truly glad for them. I can also help others with their hunts and help with problems or advice or reassurances on fit, and you're good with that.
So in the face of a stark reality ("No jacket for you!" as The Jacket Nazi would tell me), I'm happy to hang around and try to remind myself that I should pause and be very grateful for what I have today - as for many years, I had just two jackets and felt it was enough. Then I found TFL and ELC and that was it … but I do try to channel that younger me every now and again and remind myself to be very glad for what I have already. "Sometimes what we have is enough" as the Voice Of The Beehive song goes.
But still … :)

wdw

One Too Many
I hear you guys. I've been offloading jackets to justify getting another new one. You can't beat the smell of new leather, or the thrill of anticipation. My second Teamster is in the queue now and I can't wait.

Benproof

A-List Customer
I always thought that if you have to buy more than one jacket in a year, the first one clearly wasn't enough.

Except if you are using them on a motorcycle - then the jacket doesn't get better with age....it gets worse! :eek:

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I went through this with watches and promised myself never again. I literally bought and flipped 40+ watches in a two year span (I mostly bought used so I didn't lose much on the flips). I promised myself I wouldn't do this with leather jackets. Just find two (or maybe three, four tops ;) ) nice leather jackets and be satisfied.

The only thing that kept me from buying a nice leather jacket was I wanted to hit a certain weight before dropping the coin. Now that I've been there for nearly two years I can get a few (five tops ;)) nice leather jackets.

Having flipped 40+ watches over two years which far exceeds my record, you haven't even started yet on jackets, and you will be lucky if you stop with a minimum of 6-8 jackets. BTW you did great with your latest jacket that appears to fit you very well.

I think that the number of jackets one has might be related to how many of them that they love and actually wear. I know that once I got a few that I really loved, the rest went, and I had no need (vs want) for more.
Really, it's kinda entertaining to see so many jackets never get broken in around here. Or maybe sad is a better term...

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
My problem is even worst, i seem unable to sell things like that! I have been playing bass for 14 years, i now own 15 basses, never sold one.
I was always a one jacket kind of guy, joined TFL, i now have 6 leather jackets, 1 on order and at least one will be ordered when i visit Aero, if i add all my other jackets and coats i am at 11.
Let's not even get into boots...

I do have a very addictive personality, damn you Superfluous, i might have to quit TFL!

I think that the number of jackets one has might be related to how many of them that they love and actually wear. I know that once I got a few that I really loved, the rest went, and I had no need (vs want) for more.
Really, it's kinda entertaining to see so many jackets never get broken in around here. Or maybe sad is a better term...
I agree. Been through, bought/ sold, lost/ won more than I care to count. My thing is, some are gear and some are clothes. Then the lines blur and I'm back to square one.

Standby, I hear you and yeah, of course I'm super happy to see others getting their new leathers, especially if the fit is spot on like with the OP here, but that's the thing; I see someone getting their new jacket and they look great and all, and instantly I'm thinking that's it, this is the jacket I need. And I don't. I mean, what for?
And offloading jackets also doesn't work for me. The other day, a friend of mine from the MC club I used to belong to, also a leather jacket nut and the only person IRL that actually gives a crap about any of my jackets, asked me "Man, you must have quite a collection!" to which nodded while thinking to myself yeah right, on Photobucket, perhaps. I've been through like 10 Aeros and yeah, it's not much I know but for someone with such crap income that's... not too bad! Eventually I flipped all of them but oftentimes I wish I hadn't. Like that steer HWM. I really miss that one. My problem is, I love having these things around. I love having Vanson Model A and B and for all intents and purposes, it's the same damn jacket. Sans patches. Heck, my girl thought that the patches were removable & that I was switching them around!
I really wonder what is it about leather jackets that's so appealing? I never cared all that much for clothes, but these things...

I wonder if I would've been happy with just my Schott, had I not ended up here? Probably nothing would've made any difference as there's still the rest of the internet. Would not have been so easy to get that daily dose, I suppose, but one in need always finds a way, eh.

My problem is even worst, i seem unable to sell things like that...

lol and here I am, hoping that would change.
You're the least helpful, though! You have the best jackets that fit even better and that's the last thing an addict needs to see. XD All kidding aside, I'm absolutely certain your J-100 thread alone made Dave a small fortune!

Benproof

A-List Customer
I have a few leather motorcycle jackets crashed at high speed. Those are definitely flipped.

And flipped, and flipped over again as I caroomed on the tarmac at 120mph ;)

It's nice having a non-motorcycle jacket which isn't crashed like that. Thats what Lewis Leathers are for me. The detailing is interesting and although I think I am a bit of an 'origin' snob. I like English jackets to come from England, Scottish jackets from Scotland and USA jackets from New York *ahem*. Funny enough Schott I like a lot. I don't even know why since their fit never fits me great but more good. I must have about 6 Perfectos and still haven't flipped any. They are all quite distinctive - the steerhide gaucho brown and oil rubbed naked hide are my favourites. The Legendary Stallion I have mixed feelings about and keep hovering about flipping, but just can't after it was discontinued.

Anyway, first world issues. One jacket is enough. Per day of the week that is.

nick123

I'll Lock Up

Guilty of that. They're in the closet. But it's also like 85F. Very little jacket weather this year for us.

cuchulain

Familiar Face
That Jacket looks Familiar :) Great fit on you.

Of course you post here, small world with this interest I guess lol... I still feel like I stole this from you, I really didn't think I would win the auction with what I bid, it worked well, it's a great jacket. If you come across an Aero HB in Cordovan around the same size ping me here or on eBay. Thanks again, great service.

TREEMAN

Call Me a Cab
Standby, I hear you and yeah, of course I'm super happy to see others getting their new leathers, especially if the fit is spot on like with the OP here, but that's the thing; I see someone getting their new jacket and they look great and all, and instantly I'm thinking that's it, this is the jacket I need. And I don't. I mean, what for?
And offloading jackets also doesn't work for me. The other day, a friend of mine from the MC club I used to belong to, also a leather jacket nut and the only person IRL that actually gives a crap about any of my jackets, asked me "Man, you must have quite a collection!" to which nodded while thinking to myself yeah right, on Photobucket, perhaps. I've been through like 10 Aeros and yeah, it's not much I know but for someone with such crap income that's... not too bad! Eventually I flipped all of them but oftentimes I wish I hadn't. Like that steer HWM. I really miss that one. My problem is, I love having these things around. I love having Vanson Model A and B and for all intents and purposes, it's the same damn jacket. Sans patches. Heck, my girl thought that the patches were removable & that I was switching them around!
I really wonder what is it about leather jackets that's so appealing? I never cared all that much for clothes, but these things...

I wonder if I would've been happy with just my Schott, had I not ended up here? Probably nothing would've made any difference as there's still the rest of the internet. Would not have been so easy to get that daily dose, I suppose, but one in need always finds a way, eh.

lol and here I am, hoping that would change.
You're the least helpful, though! You have the best jackets that fit even better and that's the last thing an addict needs to see. XD All kidding aside, I'm absolutely certain your J-100 thread alone made Dave a small fortune!
Th

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe