Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero Zip Sleeve Bootlegger

HD, Of all the Aero jackets I have seen here so far, yours have the best fit in my opinion! It is not easy to find the sweet spot like you have!

Cheese Joakim

Thank you, Joakim
It all comes down to achieving what we each personally want and have discovered through the process. It has been made easier than it was just a few years ago concerning accomplishing a good desired fit. If we can refrain from getting excited by the next latest greatest hide and style and settle on that great fitting nice 'hided' jacket that we once were thrilled with pulling out of the box rather than moving it on for the new showroom special, many of us might find a certain relief. However, it ain't easy. Although some seem to live for the thrill of the catch, I became weary with the disappointment of something just not always turning out quite right when I actually had the 'all around' satisfying jacket already on my back.
Like Mama told you..hang on to the good ones, Boys!! Don't let that younger pretty one with the tantalizing highlights lead ya down the road to temptation spending all yur $$$$....;):D
HD

GraceNote13

One of the Regulars
Can we see a photo of yours?

Here's a pic of mine. 20150308_180147-1.jpg

robrinay

One Too Many
Thank you, Joakim
It all comes down to achieving what we each personally want and have discovered through the process. It has been made easier than it was just a few years ago concerning accomplishing a good desired fit. If we can refrain from getting excited by the next latest greatest hide and style and settle on that great fitting nice 'hided' jacket that we once were thrilled with pulling out of the box rather than moving it on for the new showroom special, many of us might find a certain relief. However, it ain't easy.
Although some seem to live for the thrill of the catch, I became weary with the disappointment of something just not always turning out quite right when I actually had the 'all around' satisfying jacket already on my back.
Like Mama told you..hang on to the good ones, Boys!! Don't let that younger pretty one with the tantalizing highlights lead ya down the road to temptation spending all yur $$$$....;):D
HD
HD
Great advice I've just got to that point- the last three eBay buys have been disappointing and I should have kept the cash in the bank and worn my earlier buys on a rota. It's time to sell the unwanted ones!
Rob

Last edited:
HD
Great advice I've just got to that point- the last three eBay buys have been disappointing and I should have kept the cash in the bank and worn my earlier buys on a rota. It's time to sell the unwanted ones!
Rob

Yes, I thinned the herd several years ago, keeping only my favs & exceptional well fitting jackets. Trouble is, I ride a Motorcycle and have MC specific jackets (some vintage) for that plus the utility leather streetwear that I also enjoy. Then there are those for heavy winter wear. So I still, somehow, maintain a closet full...:p However, some are irreplaceable that I luckily just happened upon and found a good style and fit.
Yet, I still must continually fight the urge when some post their new arrivals.
HD

HD, what did you keep?

Lets see...Aero seal B-6, Aero russet/brown knit 'Real Deal' HH A2, Aero seal/brown knit HH A2, Aero seal/rust knit water buffalo hide/red silk lining A2, original 23rd patched Aero A2...Aero antiqued brown/Alpaca FQHH Hwymn (first Aero Utility Jck purchase in 2000 or 2001), Aero '30s HB in Hvy antiqued buckskin steer/muted blanket lining (one of a kind made for me as a surprise by Ken & Julie), Aero Bootlegger zip sleeve in brown/ brown alpaca FQHH, Aero Stuart in black FQHH/burgundy alpaca lining, Schott Retro '30s blk HH MC jacket (discontinued), Vanson Enfield Blk comp Steer, Pack-In vintage (1960s) cafe racer in brown steer, a 100th Ann HD black steer jacket & vest, HD antiqued black steer cafe racer.
Jeeze..more keepers than I thought..:p
I moved these on: an Aero '30s oil-pull HB (sale page) that never fit right, an Aero Longshoreman (sale page) in blk FQHH that had too short sleeves that bugged me for a couple years, Aero Thunderbird made for Levi (I think) without the painted bird on back and minus any distressed aging in black FQHH/satin lining (very nice sale page jacket but just ran too small), brown FQHH standard Bootlegger that I sized wrong (just couldn't ever make it fit right after wearing it for months (lesson learned), and I'm sure I left out a couple....:eusa_doh: So there ya go..so many to keep track of over that 10 year period.
I had also attempted to collect vintage Bucos over the years, but correct sizing for me was virtually impossible.
Plus I also sold on several Langlitz jackets..although very nice..just not my thing.
HD

Last edited:
Hey HD, I'd love to see updates photos of your bootlegger. It must have a sweet patina by now!

Hopefully soon. I'm right in the middle of helping set up my 50 HS class reunion for this weekend (yes you heard that right..:p ), Grandkid's birthdays next week, and the James Dean festival in mine and JD's hometown next Thurs, Fri, Sat, and Sun. Hopefully, I can get some pics up after that. (Whew)....
HD

VictorShadow

One of the Regulars
Hopefully soon. I'm right in the middle of helping set up my 50 HS class reunion for this weekend (yes you heard that right..:p ), Grandkid's birthdays next week, and the James Dean festival in mine and JD's hometown next Thurs, Fri, Sat, and Sun. Hopefully, I can get some pics up after that. (Whew)....
HD

You have to include some pics of the JD fest!

VictorShadow

One of the Regulars
HD

Still waiting for those updated bootlegger pics HD! How was the James Dean Fest?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld