Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NEW ADVENTUREBILT DELUXE

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I received this last night. Marc is terrific. He has made another wonderful hat for me. The felt is softer than the last and if I understood correctly it has more waterproofing in it that was applied during the body manufacturing. The color is rich and dense like great chocolate. his bow is fantastic as well. I am very pleased with his work and he is an all around great man. The pictures do not do it justice.
DSCN3791.jpg

DSCN3786.jpg

DSCN3783.jpg

DSCN3785.jpg

DSCN3788.jpg

DSCN3795.jpg

DSCN3803.jpg

It is 5-1/2" open crown and has a 2-5/8" brim. The entire hat feels like taffy.UMMM GOOD!!

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
That is a nice hat. It has a real vintage, European look that suits your beard perfectly. You look like you're one of the generation perdu. :eusa_clap

How many Adventurebilts do you have?

DOUGLAS

Feraud as the name connotes they are made for action and bilt like tanks but still soft and pliable. The deluxe's are more luxurious and the felt that Marc uses is a cut above the standard AB in my opinion. I treat all of my hats the same (except for a special few) they all are subject to rain,snow,heat and general use. I would say that the felt that Marc is using is like a great quality medium weight vintage, and Steve's a bit thinner. The details in the ABD's are right up there with the vintage and the sweat is equal if not better.
I have not had the oportunity to use the deluxe in extreme weather yet but I will and my gray AB from Steve has been through driving rain and is not worse for it.

nulty

One of the Regulars
I like the bow work on the band....that tight style has to be one of my favorites...the color is fanatastic also...goes great with that coat....

Good For You Douglas....

DOUGLAS

I don't know if there is or not.[huh] Perhaps Marc or Steve will chime in and give a word on that.

majormoore

Vendor
Douglas, I have to say looks like Marc built one fine hat, I to love the color and the bow he did.

Mike Moore

Marc

Vendor
Thanks for the extremely nice words everybody :) As I wrote to Douglas yesterday, that's what keeps me going and I must admit, that it makes me quite proud to have a customer with Douglas' knowledge on hats and being able to please him! The matching band that you see on this particular hat, is a true vintage grosgrain hatband, that was kindly given to me from Steve, together with some others. It was pure luck that it's the exact same color as the felt and Douglas jumped on it immediately, when I told him about the choices available. Once the hat was done, I was quite happy that he did so. The way he styled it did the rest.

This hat is the second Adventurebilt Deluxe that I made for Douglas, and as he wrote already, he's got another two reg. Adventurebilts from Steve as well.

Regarding the website... It's currently being worked on a webpage for me, but since it's a friend who's doing it for no charge at all, I'll be the last one to rush him, so please be patient.

Thanks again everone,

Marc

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe