Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Needing advice from dapper dudes...

Spats McGee

One Too Many
Burgandi said:
I have tried to PM people and I received the notice that my account doesnt allow it?? Not sure why, . . .
Welcome to the Lounge, Burgandi!

Looks like all the dapper dudes around here have given you some sound advice. As to the PM issue, I think it's because you need a minimum number of posts (15, I think) in order to PM. Don't worry, you'll hit the minimum soon enough!

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Spats McGee said:
As to the PM issue, I think it's because you need a minimum number of posts (15, I think) in order to PM. Don't worry, you'll hit the minimum soon enough!

You are correct, Spats! You have to have at least that many posts before you can send or receive a PM.

Burgandi - just hit a few threads and post "Nice hat!" or "Spiffy suit!" or things of the sort to his 15 posts and you'll be all set for PMs. And I'm sure everyone's going to want to see a picture of your boyfriend in the hat!

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Goose. said:
Neil...I will pay you the actual shipping on behalf of Burgandi...as long as it's reasonable...not like some door to door courier gig or overnight/express crap.

I've been out of the loop a few days, and the first thing I find on my return is this! Perhaps there is hope for the human race after all. lol Very nice of you, Goose.

Jabos

A-List Customer
Wow Goose. You are a stand up guy. Burgandi, please follow up with us when you present the big gift. Again, you are pretty special to go to this effort for him. That will probably mean as much as the hat to him.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Spats McGee said:
Looks like all the dapper dudes around here have given you some sound advice.
Not really. Mike and I tried to steer her towards one of the quality hat shops in her area, while everybody else pushed to sell her Neil's mistake.

Jabos

A-List Customer
I believe she is taking advantage of the generosity of Neil and Goose to get an new Art hat within her price range. Perhaps it won't work on him, but it is an excellent opportunity she chose from the good ideas presented.

Neil

A-List Customer
She wrote to me, expressing concern about going outside her budget even with the price I was charging.
I encouraged her to buy an Akubra instead. I told her she could easily get one for a price well within her limits, shipped.
She seemed happy, and thanked me for my consideration.
Goose is a very generous guy, and he really wanted to help, but really, this lady needed to go for something cheaper.
So that's enough of that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe