Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need Help Dating A Vintage Stetson Hat....

pcasica1934

New in Town
I picked up this royal stetson recently, but im having trouble estimating the age. my best guess would be late 40's or 50's but im not sure. I am new to the Lounge and understand that the guys on here are the experts when it comes to hats.

hat1.jpg

hat.jpg

hat2.jpg

hat3.jpg

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Maybe late 50s? There was a late 50s TV series with John Forsythe, forgot the show's name, and he constantly wore a hat that looked like that. I say mid 50s favored wider brims, and they narrowed up in the late 50s and early 60s.

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
I've noticed that weathermen and Stetson hat daters have much in common. The first group makes informed, but often erroneous, guesses about when a particular event will happen and the second group makes informed, but often erroneous, guesses about when a particular event did happen. And both groups compensate by over-generalizing...to wit: “The lower panhandle region will experience spotty showers late in the coming week.” and “That hat was made sometime in the late 'fifties to the middle 'sixties.” :D

AF

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe