Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need an inexpensive Fedora in London. Any ideas?

IndianaGeo

New in Town
Hi Loungers,
You can probably guess at this time of year why I'd be looking for an inexpensive Indy fedora. So I am wondering if anyone knows where I can pick one up in London. I'd like to use Halloween as an excuse to get the real deal, but I'll most likely need something really cheap just for this one off occasion. Any ideas on where I can pick one up? Thanks much.
Indiana Geo

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
IndianaGeo said:
Hi Loungers,
You can probably guess at this time of year why I'd be looking for an inexpensive Indy fedora. So I am wondering if anyone knows where I can pick one up in London. I'd like to use Halloween as an excuse to get the real deal, but I'll most likely need something really cheap just for this one off occasion. Any ideas on where I can pick one up? Thanks much.
Indiana Geo

Hornets Hats
36b Kensington Church Street
London
W8 4BX

Telephone: 020 7937 9192
[shop open from 11am to 6pm, Monday to Saturday

I have had several good experiences with these guys via mailorder.]

billyspew

One Too Many
There's alo the Hat Centre in North London. You can also find some good vintage european fedoras in Camden Market for about £10 but it can be hit and miss. There's also a vintage shop on Chalk Farm Road just up from the market on the right that has some new Christys and Tonaks.

IndianaGeo

New in Town
Got the Adventurer

Rick, Well, picked up the Adventurer hat from Hornets Hats. It seems to fit the bill nicely at a fairly decent price. Thanks again!
IndianaGeo

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
IndianaGeo said:
Rick, Well, picked up the Adventurer hat from Hornets Hats. It seems to fit the bill nicely at a fairly decent price. Thanks again!
IndianaGeo

Well done! :eusa_clap
In the IJ brown I am guessing? IMO for the hat/£££ ratio it cannot be beat.
I have one in brown ,one in tan & one in gray meself!

IndianaGeo

New in Town
Update

Rick Blaine said:
Well done! :eusa_clap
In the IJ brown I am guessing? IMO for the hat/£££ ratio it cannot be beat.
I have one in brown ,one in tan & one in gray meself!

Rick, I have to tell you... So I went to this Halloween costume party last night and there were about 3 or 4 other Indiana Jones characters there (out of about 200 people). I must have had at least 5 people come up to me to say that I had the best, most accurate rendition going. People were taking photos with me, etc. The hat (yes, in IJ Brown)was an absolute hit. I already had the Alden 405 boots and the Wested jacket in goat. I also had the Bill's British Khaki pants which went quite well and a linen shirt. Not entirely 'screen accurate' but it did the trick. All in all a very successful night and now I have a nice hat for the future. Again, thanks for the tip. Saved me in the nick of time.
IndianaGeo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld