Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nearly New Stetson Saxon 7 3/4, other fedoras

frussell

One Too Many
I know there's got to be a few bigheads like me out there. I like this stingy brim a lot, but I prefer a bound brim, and I'm looking to upgrade to pure beaver. This one is in absolutely new condition with one small flaw/upgrade: I punched a few holes in the leather sweatband inside for my own comfort, something I have done to felt cowboy hats in the past. This hat has less than 5 hours wear, don't even think it's been out of the house yet! Bought it for $140, I'll take $80, plus shipping. I've also got a cheap but good looking "Hats in the Belfry" wool black stingy brim very similar to the Saxon, roomy, could fit up to a 7 and 7/8, $30 plus s/h. Plus, an old wool/felt fedora from American Hat Co. in Houston that's had vent holes punched in the side and seen some miles, in a medium brown. Pictures soon. Thanks, Frank

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
If I'm not mistaken, anyone can post pics.
At least anyone who can figure out how to do it.
It's that yellow box with the triangles at the bottom...

It's PMs that require a certain number of posts.

cptjeff

Practically Family
You use a photo hosting service like photobucket, and enclose the link to the image in img tags-

Most photo hosting sites will even provide you with the code already formatted for forums, or you can use the image button and paste the url there and let the board format it for you.

And there's nothing that I know of that requires you to have any number of posts before you can post images. I didn't see any in the FAQ, anyway.

I'm not even sure if it's possible to code a board so it wouldn't recognize the

Roninjedi

One of the Regulars
frussell said:
When I hit that "Insert Image" box, a prompt comes up that says "Please enter the URL of your image." I'm not sure what that means.

You need to have the image uploaded to a Web site somewhere. What you're really going to be posting is the link to the Web address where your image lives. You can't just drag it from your computer to this discussion board. That's something that isn't always clear to everyone.

I signed up for a free account on Flikr (http://www.flickr.com/) and uploaded my pictures there. Then, every time I want to upload something I have to go through a process. You can also use Photobucket, Facebook, your own personal Web site, etc.

1. Take the picture with your digital camera
2. Move the image from the memory card of your camera to your computer
3. Upload the image to your Flikr account (or whatever service you use)
4. Click on the picture on your Flikr account (or whatever)
5. Right-click that picture (or Control-click if you're on a Mac) to see the dropdown menu of extra options
6. Click on "Properties" for that image
7. When the properties menu opens cut (control+C) the "Location". It'll start with "http://"
8. Go back to the Fedora Lounge and click "Reply" to make your post
9. Click on the "Insert Image" icon from the tools menu.
10. Paste the location of the image where it tells you to "Please enter the URL of your image:"
11. Submit your post
12. View your submitted post and bask in your own awesomeness!!!

It seems long and unwieldy, but after you've done it a few times it's pretty routine. :)

Roninjedi

One of the Regulars
frussell said:
I needed a posting photos for dummies step-by-step tutorial, you are the man.

No problem. You're not a dummy. This process isn't necessarily intuitive. I've written procedures at different jobs in that step-by-step way, so I thought it might help. The hat's looking nice, by the way!

frussell

One Too Many
You Bet They Are

Yeah, all still available, the Saxon is in mint condition other than the vent holes in the sweatband, thus the reduced price, and the Belfry "Goon" is also in "as new" condition. If you wanted the old brown American Hat Co. Fedora mentioned, it's got no major damage, and it's a well made hat. I'd take 40 for it. The other prices are listed above. I do PayPal, if that's helpful at all. Thanks for your interest. Frank

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
Do you have a picture of the American Hat Co. fedora? I'm possibly interested in that one.

How wide is that brim on it?

frussell

One Too Many
Photos

I will have to post photos this weekend of the other two hats. I'll measure the brim on the brown one as well. It's a bit dusty, but no tears or holes. Might be from "The Hat Store," instead of American Hat Co., I sometimes confuse them because the owner of the former worked for the latter in his youth, and redid a hat from there for me a while back. Photos to come. Frank

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
frussell said:
I will have to post photos this weekend of the other two hats. I'll measure the brim on the brown one as well. It's a bit dusty, but no tears or holes. Might be from "The Hat Store," instead of American Hat Co., I sometimes confuse them because the owner of the former worked for the latter in his youth, and redid a hat from there for me a while back. Photos to come. Frank
what does the sweat look like now? [huh]

frussell

One Too Many
Photos of Saxon, Belfry, Old Brown

Saxon sweat with airholes:
PA230241.jpg
[/IMG]

Wool Belfry fedora, very dark grey, almost black, roomy enough for a 7 7/8:
PA230249.jpg
[/IMG]

Old brown beater with vent holes in crown, holes in sweat, but felt is all ship shape, just needs a good cleaning, reshaping of brim:
PA230251.jpg
[/IMG]
sweat label:
PA230252.jpg
[/IMG]

Also stamped into the sweat on the other side is "The Hat Store, Houston, Texas," and my nickname, "Pancho."

frussell

One Too Many
These need to go soon

Due to the several new hats/repaired or converted hats I've got coming in, I need to make these go away quickly to avoid marital problems. I will be putting these up on eBay at higher prices in the next few days. I would really rather sell them here if possible. Make an offer, these are all good hats. Thanks, Frank

frussell

One Too Many
Time to cut a deal, save eBay frustration

One hundred dollars gets you the Stetson Saxon and the cheaper but dashing Belfry wool fedora packed together in the Saxon's original box, shipping included. That's a loss of at least 80 bucks for me, but my other purchases/conversions are quickly approaching, and I hate to deal with eBay. Thanks, Frank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe