Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Navy Shoes?

luvthatlulu

Suspended
epr25 said:
Ok i have to admit that I apparently have gone overboard. My fiance has told me. I am a girl there for I match everything. Shoes, hat, gloves, purse. So we are not doing the dyed shoes thing. I think he thought I was a little off when I suggested it. He's going black shoes and a light grey fedora. I think it has a grey ribbon? white shirt and some tie. He put it on and it looks great. So my appologies for the navy shoe thing. My idea not his.

We're just here to help, ma'am. ;)

dakotanorth

Practically Family
Late late, too late??

Crap, it totally slipped my mind!
Check out www.muffys.com under "modern traditional." They have navy and white reverse saddles. They are technically women's though- I bought black and white reverse saddles from them, some time ago. Is there really a difference in men's and women's shoes if it is a men's style of shoe??

Jp

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
Tomasso said:
All the best shoemakers offer shoes in navy, both calf and suede, albeit at the custom/MTO level. I've been contemplating a pair of navy suede wingtips for some time. Though I probably wouldn't wear them with a navy suit.

Sounds like a great idea to me. The only navy shoes I've ever had (apart from navy-and-bone saddles, which are fairly common) were a pair of navy suede Gucci snaffle-bit loafers, which I really liked. I've wanted to replace these long-departed shoes for a while, and bid not that long ago on an identical pair on Ebay, but lost. Next time....!

I enjoy having dress shoes in an offbeat color or two (although not to the point of garishness, I hope). I've never owned olive shoes, mentioned by another poster, but I did overpay once for a pair of medium gray captoes at Wilkes Bashford in San Francisco.

I recently saw a pair of Allen Edmonds "Grayson" tassel mocs, my very favorite shoe style, at Ebay in my size in "natural" suede (which looked kind of off-white). I considered bidding, and would have if there hadn't been a high-ish minimum bid. But I just wasn't sure what I would wear them with (although I'm sure I would have come up with something).

Edward

Bartender
Patrick - why not a pair of blue suede shoes. Good enough for Elvis (well, Carl Perkins, at least). ;)

volatile said:
Yup... I was there on Sunday!

Heh. Small world, eh? I was the Jack Skellington with the hand-painted tails / trousers, greasepaint covered head and the loooooong Santa hat. Great night, wasn't it? I'm so glad they're gonig to bring the club back next year..... I've been to all of them so far and there's nothing else like it.

:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe