Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Navy Fedora

Edward

Bartender
I'm definitely sold on the idea of a blue. Funnily enough - as someone has started another thread on already, so I'll not get too into it here - I have also noticed recently that fur felt seems to stick in the main to the grey/black/brown trilogy, while wool there are a lot more options with. Classiccaps.co.uk do a navy fedora, though, so I'll put them on my list.... Pity akubra don't - I'm thinking a Federation in midnight blue would look stunning.

Edward

Bartender
20240214_090843.jpg
20231109_141714.jpg

Looking for something else, I stumbled across this old thread from way back when. Some years later - sixteen, to be precise, - in late 2023 I did indeed buy a navy blue fedora. This one came from the Hat Centre in Stamford Hill, London (hatcentre.co.uk). It's become a real favourite very quickly, too. Top photo was taken on 16th February 2024, in front of the Cable Street Mural commemorating the Battle of Cable Street in 1936 when the police tried to force a path through for 4,000 British Union of Fascists (Moseley's blackshirts), and 100,000 Eastenders turned out to stop them. No pasaran! That incident led to a legislative ban on the wearing of political uniforms that is still in force today.

The second photo was taken in - obviously! - Paris in early-mid November 2023.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld