Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Name This Plane...from the inside

KilroyCD

One Too Many
Good Lord, I must have well and truly killed this thread...

* Blows Taps * Since it's a thread about aircraft, should we have a "Missing Man" formation? :( :cry: :eusa_doh:
missingman.jpg

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Sorry I haven't been around for the last few days.

I have to admit that this has me stumped.

But I'll have a stab at the nationality, is it French?

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
I was having a real hard time with this as initially I was struck with the vague similarity of the canopy framing to an FW-190, then when you said it was european with a US designed engine I started thinking French (but the the interior cockpit colouring and instrument layout were different from Froggy kites). Then I though maybe it's Russian (some used licenced built US engines) but Russian planes usually had spade grips. Etc, etc...

After much head scratching I thought I better think outside the 9 dots and what do you know Swedish!

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
OK, here's another one. I don't think it's too, too hard.

Let's also see some others having a go at guessing - "nothing ventured, nothing gained!"

Here she is...

CP.jpg

KilroyCD

One Too Many
Smithy said:
A-ha, it's Swedish ;)

It's an FFVS J22

That was a tough one!
:eusa_clap You are absolutely right on that one, but I was beginning to think I killed the thread! It was about the most obscure one I could find a cockpit shot of.

KilroyCD

One Too Many
Not quite certain...

Smithy said:
OK, here's another one. I don't think it's too, too hard.

Let's also see some others having a go at guessing - "nothing ventured, nothing gained!"

Here she is...

CP.jpg
...but it looks to me like it might be a Gloster Gauntlet.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
That man knows his onions!

Well done :eusa_clap

As a little bit of trivia, the very first production Hawker Hurricanes were actually painted this same unusual turquoise interior colouring as in this Gauntlet, and not the more well known interior RAF grey-green.

KilroyCD

One Too Many
Smithy said:
That man knows his onions!

Well done :eusa_clap

As a little bit of trivia, the very first production Hawker Hurricanes were actually painted this same unusual turquoise interior colouring as in this Gauntlet, and not the more well known interior RAF grey-green.

Not surprising, since Hawker took over Gloster in 1934.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Hi Kilroy,

I actually missed your posting this. Not too difficult as you say, it's a Skyraider. The shape of the instrument panel gives it away that it's a Douglas crate!

Cheers,

Smithy.

KilroyCD

One Too Many
Smithy said:
Hi Kilroy,

I actually missed your posting this. Not too difficult as you say, it's a Skyraider. The shape of the instrument panel gives it away that it's a Douglas crate!

Cheers,

Smithy.
Right first time! A Douglas AD Skyraider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe