Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My ticket to the Open Road Guild

Marc

Vendor
Who? Me? - Hmm.... I've sold most of them after I got the first rawbody in from my feltmaker. I've still got an Royal Stetson St. Regis that was given too me, than the OR of course and a couple of vintage HJs.

I've seen quite a couple over the years, also been refurbing some, but the Stetsons remain my favorite brand when it comes to vintage hats. Especially those with a high beaver content, but unfortunately most of the ones I had in my hands were Cowboy hats and stiff as a cardboard.

Very nice hat there Tony!!!

Regards,

Marc

Marc

Vendor
Hey Matt,

tough statement there, as I really like the vintage Stetsons (as claimed above), but rather due to the vintage, the tradition and the varity of styles and colors, than due to the felt (I REALLY like the sweatbands too). For a pure rabbit, the felt is indeed gorgeous! - Don't get me wrong, the felt is nice and soft and floppy etc. etc. etc. It's just... doesn't compare to a pure beaver IMHO. I'd really like to get an 10X one day or a Stetson 100 (to wash out all the stiffner), though.

As I said: this is a "Royal" Stetson, so it would be really unfair to compare it to a pure beaver. But that is my PERSONAL opinion based on the density and surface of the felt. And - as a good friend of mine once said: opinions are like assholes - everyone's got one lol

Regards,

Marc

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe