Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My smashing success

ShoreRoadLady

Practically Family
vitanola said:
A couple of years ago I was cleaning out the cupboards and set three stacks of Pearlware and Lusterware plates of various patterns on a table. I left the door to the room open a crack when called to dinner, and a cat belonging to a houseguest apparently decided to investigate. I passed the room , saw the cat on the table, and HISSED at it. I'm sure that you know the rest of the story.

I no longer collect these wares.

Oh no! :eek: lol

Someone I know recently smashed a fancy teacup (not particularly old, but with sentimental value), and I suggested saving the pieces. I figure we can come up with a way to incorporate them into a decorative object.

Apparently there are people who intentionally break old china :rage:, and then make stuff out of it: mosaics, jewelry, vases, all kinds of decorative things. IMHO it's an awful thing to do on purpose, but if something slips, might as well keep the design instead of throwing it in a landfill.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld