Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My New Lost Worlds ANJ-4

wild_balls

Practically Family
We are one of the few groups who desperately cling to winter as long as we can and damn the very day that summer dares to come peek around the corner. Then we despise it so while it lingers for so long!!!! I HATE summer with a passion Anyone have a place up in Idaho o the artic?
I have said it before come to SWEDEN if want to wear your jackets 8 months a year!!! I am desperately waiting for some A2 weather now!

Cheers Joakim

dmdmorris

One of the Regulars
@Joakim: Thanks for the offer. I spent several winter months in the northern part of Sweden at IT WAS COLD. Probably the coldest I've experienced. Thanks, but I will wait for the summer and get my 2 hours of day light.

Dave

Worf

I'll Lock Up
We are one of the few groups who desperately cling to winter as long as we can and damn the very day that summer dares to come peek around the corner. Then we despise it so while it lingers for so long!!!! I HATE summer with a passion Anyone have a place up in Idaho o the artic?

Well I'd never say I "hate" summer, because I get to sit in my rocker on my front porch and smoke good cigars. I'm outdoors, not smelling up the house AND try as they might, the "militant anti-smoking Brigade" cannot tell me what I can or cannot smoke on the front porch of my own home... yet! I also get to drive my '56 T-Bird drop-top in the summer. So in all honesty I still love summer. This wearing great and stylish jackets in the winter thing is relatively new to me. I took a walk in the woods in my Pre-war Irvin only to find I was "too hot" at the end of it. I am enjoying winter a whole lot more'n I used to as I can find the coat or jacket for ANY weather in the closet. I only need a Filson for the Spring downpours and I'm set. I love ALL 4 seasons...

Worf

Last edited:

Stand By

One Too Many
The fit is perfection, Dave and the jacket is sensational. It's gorgeous. Let Ol' Man Winter try doing his worst now !
It's clearly not a case of how the jacket will last - it's who you're going to leave it to !

dmdmorris

One of the Regulars
The fit is perfection, Dave and the jacket is sensational. It's gorgeous. Let Ol' Man Winter try doing his worst now !
It's clearly not a case of how the jacket will last - it's who you're going to leave it to !

You are so right. My youngest Son has already "claimed" it.

Dave

Philalethes

A-List Customer
Great jacket!

Not much of a summer fan, myself. Too hot, too much humidity. Bugs. Too much here on the farm to mow. No jackets!

The greatest summers I experienced were in Rochester, NY, where it barely broke 90. And great winters, too: plenty of time to wear jackets!

Philalethes

zoran

Banned
Hi Everyone,

I just received (yesterday) my new Lost Worlds ANJ-4.

I looked at the various makers of ANJ's, but given my past positive experience with Lost Worlds, I went with their ANJ-4.
I am very impressed with their leather, the cut and the fit. This is my second Lost Worlds, the first was a Lost Worlds Leather Peacoat in Black which is one of my favorites ( I posted pics of it in a separate thread).

The ANJ-4 is a size 38 and is sheepskin with goatskin facings and storm cuffs.

It feels great on and yes it is extremely heavy. In a word, this jacket is a BEAST and will take awhile to break in.

It is exceptionally warm. I wore it yesterday, it was around 24 degrees Fahrenheit and I had an oxford shirt on under; no sweater or layering. This jacket is great and the wind just seems to "bounce" off of it while the sheepskin wool lining is very warm.

I am pleased with Lost Worlds and the great quality of the materials and the craftsmanship that went into this jacket. I will definitely order from them again.

Stuart was very helpful with everything from sizing to spending time explaining exactly what I would be getting.

If you are thinking about an ANJ-4 sheepskin, I would highly recommend Lost Worlds.

Dave

Here are the pics:

photo_zps1d85bc84.jpg

2_zpsfe5cc7a4.jpg

3_zps004f92df.jpg

4_zpsc6341b71.jpg

5_zpsdb2a8192.jpg

6_zps9a7f1df7.jpg

7_zpsaa08d6f1.jpg

8_zps27ba910e.jpg

9_zpsa4b8b4d8.jpg

10_zps0096345a.jpg
Looks very high end, beautiful color and shine!!!

Joakim

zoran

Banned
Hi Everyone,

I just received (yesterday) my new Lost Worlds ANJ-4.

I looked at the various makers of ANJ's, but given my past positive experience with Lost Worlds, I went with their ANJ-4.
I am very impressed with their leather, the cut and the fit. This is my second Lost Worlds, the first was a Lost Worlds Leather Peacoat in Black which is one of my favorites ( I posted pics of it in a separate thread).

The ANJ-4 is a size 38 and is sheepskin with goatskin facings and storm cuffs.

It feels great on and yes it is extremely heavy. In a word, this jacket is a BEAST and will take awhile to break in.

It is exceptionally warm. I wore it yesterday, it was around 24 degrees Fahrenheit and I had an oxford shirt on under; no sweater or layering. This jacket is great and the wind just seems to "bounce" off of it while the sheepskin wool lining is very warm.

I am pleased with Lost Worlds and the great quality of the materials and the craftsmanship that went into this jacket. I will definitely order from them again.
can you tell me the total weight of the jacket? More than 4 kilos?

Stuart was very helpful with everything from sizing to spending time explaining exactly what I would be getting.

If you are thinking about an ANJ-4 sheepskin, I would highly recommend Lost Worlds.

Dave

Here are the pics:

photo_zps1d85bc84.jpg

2_zpsfe5cc7a4.jpg

3_zps004f92df.jpg

4_zpsc6341b71.jpg

5_zpsdb2a8192.jpg

6_zps9a7f1df7.jpg

7_zpsaa08d6f1.jpg

8_zps27ba910e.jpg

9_zpsa4b8b4d8.jpg

10_zps0096345a.jpg

zoran

Banned
Can you tell me the total weight of Lost Worlds ANJ4 ? Is it more than 4 kilos? Did you measure?

Milesdeathescape

One of the Regulars
Expatriate living in Norway, here our winters are colder than Sweden! I just ordered my LW ANJ-4. Beyond excited to be wearing nothing more than a condom for a base layer. Gotta have some lamb skin somewhere right?!

dubpynchon

One Too Many
I'm waiting anxiously for the temperature to drop here in Ireland so I can wear mine, but with the climate we have it'll probably be January or February before it gets cold enough.

Last edited:

avique

One of the Regulars
When I was a kid we snowed every year in the Pacific NW but these days we rarely get snow and most winter days don't drop below the mid 30's. However I pull out the sheepskins whenever the opportunity presents itself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HiredGun