Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new "Hughes" hat!!!

Marc

Vendor
The close-up picture is really nice Paddy! It gives a nice peak at the vintage reeding tape and the matching color of the goatskin sweatband. Would love to show you the new roohide sweatbands though, but maybe you manage to come on over on a visit next year, when I'm done with renovating the house (AND the hat shop - which is supposed to be re-built into a 30'ies style back shop).

I hope I don't misjudge the rules regarding showing a link to my new homepage... I didn't mention it here before, due to the restrictions and only do so now, because SMCK asked for it. www.adventurebilt.com is the mainpage, from which you can go to either Steve's or my site. www.adventurebiltdeluxe.com would be a direct link to my personal site, that a friend of mine was kind enough to built for me.

Regards,

Marc

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wow, Marc has got roo sweats. I know from experiance they are fantastic. The site looks great Marc!

Marc

Vendor
Well I got a couple of prototypes that sold out like warm chocolate on a winter morning, but I'll DEFINATELY order a full batch at the very beginning of next year. I had the leather tanned on an old fashioned way from a small tannery in Australia and then coated with a thin and invisible coating to prevent the leather from darkening up with age and wear. Dark brown with a contrasting darker brown reeding tape. Can't wait to install one of these in my own hat, but will have to wait until the actual batch is made[huh]

Thanks for the kind remark regarding the homepage Douglas!

Regards,

Marc

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I must keep an eye on your site Marc as I will be getting another from you at some point and would love the roo. As you know I love your hats man, keep it up.

Marc

Vendor
Thanks a lot Douglas! With the new sweatbands, I'm pretty much where I always wanted to be. Felt wise, I couldn't be happier for now - even though the seal fur felt project will have to be finished yet, but this is a one or max. two hats project and nothing that I'll ever add to the line as a continuous offering. I rather consider it an experiment, to see if a pure beaver felt can be topped.

Regards,

Marc

SMCK

New in Town
Thanks.

Very many thanks for both directions to Marc's site from Marc himself and Feraud.Im curious as to what the principal differences are betwen your Adventurebilt deluxe Marc and the aviator which takes my fancy at the moment? You' re also on my side of the ocean, which might helpthe tax situation. Thanks again.

Marc

Vendor
The Aviator Paddy is sporting in these pictures IS an Adventurebilt Deluxe. My good friend and biz partner Steve Delk is making the reg. ABs, while I'm making the Deluxe version. Can't go wrong either way though;) lol

Regards,

Marc

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Regarding a Howard Huges'esque topper...

'If' you are in the market for this kind of styled vintage hat, then I can shamelessly recommend our German friend and member, Marc, who makes his "Aviator" model based on the one worn by the great HH!

Marc uses a full beaver which is very rare these days, but very akin to a vintage hat, and he finishes them off with antique ribbon. The high crown is just wonderful and echoes a byegone age of style, adventure and pure class.

Be advised though that with the imminent launch of the latest Indiana movie, Marc just 'might be' very busy with orders, so please be patient (Marc is the European side of Adventurebilt Co. who won the contract to produce 'the' hats for this upcoming adventure movie).

But he is very easy to deal with and a man who believes in detail-detail-detail..and quality!!

see_yaantique.jpg

LA20Poster1.jpg

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Few more pics of "The Aviator"

The great thing about a few makers creating the same hat, is that it allows 'you' to make a more informed decision based on quality, style, materials, detail and price. Hopefully something to suit everyone!!! Happy hat hunting!!;)

hughs20vegas20shopped20copy1.jpg

Howard_Huges2.jpg

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
Fatdutchman said:
HAH! I got it today! My new 1947 Howard Hughes style hat from Jimmy Pierce Designs in beaver. Super cool. I sent him some sample photos of what I want the hat to look like, and after finalizing the details (5 1/2" open crown and 3" brim, by the way) he was off to work. I got the hat in ONE WEEK!!!!!:eek: That's right folks! Including shipping time!:D This dude is on the ball, so get your hat from him before he becomes more famous and the wait time increases!!!

The photos aren't great, but here goes...
HHhat1.jpg

HHhat2.jpg

HHhat3.jpg

Brownoutfit.jpg

And, yes, the Cooper A2 jacket "fits", but note where my hands are....don't ask me to try to scratch my nose or brush my hair while wearing this jacket!!!

Oh, and Mr. Pierce will also do refurbishing/reblocking of old hats, which is how I got to know his workmanship. www.jimmypiercedesigns.com

I was gone for a week, and somehow missed this thread. Jimmy did you real good, and you wear it well. (My wife is pleased with the hat he did for her, also). I highly recommend this vendor! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe