Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My New Hat...

fatwoul

Practically Family
Ian Dundrillon said:
I really like your latest effort. I followed a similar path to the same result with my twenty-year old Borsalino Roma. I like the simplicity of the center bash combined with the front pinch.

schanop said:
That new bash looks very interesting, fatwoul. I'll keep the idea in my mind if I happen to have another Fed to try on.

Thanks guys. I think I should delete my original pictures. My first attempt is actually quite embarrassing now :eek:

deanglen said:
Exactly. A kettle with a good narrow spout. There is a handle, there should be a spout. heat up the water and the steam comes out! There is a device, called, logically, a steamer, that directs the steam pretty well, and gets a steam hotter than a tea kettle. Ideaguy told me about it, and he has one. I'm not sure what they look like. I should also have mentioned that when I was trying to remove the ghost crease, pressing it with my fingers while soft from a shot of steam, and then brushing worked best for me. You try to flatten it out, pressing it from inside and out at the same time. Takes patience and persistence.

Ah OK gotcha. As soon as I finish all this work I have to do, I'll give that a try.

Thanks dean.

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hey Surely! LOVE your hat! Tell us about it and...

That is a hat I'd like to see more of, and know more about, Surely. Can you post more shots? Do show and tell!
side_shot.jpg

dean

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe