Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Latest Vintage Suit Acquisition

Technonut

Practically Family
This is the latest circa 1940's DB suit that I purchased on eBay.. ;) Pardon the wrinkles, these pics were taken straight from the shipping box to my body. The material is a fabulous lighter weight wool, in an interesting pattern. (See Last Pic)

The fit is just about spot-on, which is unusual in my size. The hat is a Camptown Model 1945 Metropolitan, and the riot gun is a vintage model 1897 Winchester 12 gauge pump... :eek: I am EXTREMELY pleased with this one..:D

nessvint003.jpg

nessvint009.jpg

nessvint010.jpg

nessvint013.jpg

nessvint015.jpg

nessvint023.jpg

nessvint022.jpg

Technonut

Practically Family
JerseyJones said:
I am honored that my hat has made it in to the same ensemble as that fine firearm and suit. I feel as though I have arrived !:D

Thanks
Ken

Ken.. You made a VERY fine hat that I am proud to wear with my vintage clothing..... Keep up the great work. :eusa_clap

Jerekson

One Too Many
Wow, that suit is fantastically swell. The one-button DB certainly has a nice look and drape to it, don't you think?

btw that hat is gorgeous - might need to get me one of those.

mister7

Familiar Face
That is a GREAT suit! And as you say, an unbelievable fit right out of the box. Very nice match to the hat and shoes as well. If you don't mind my asking, what did it set you back? A very sharp acquisition in my book!
Congrats! Michael

Technonut

Practically Family
cookie said:
Techno you have stepped up to the vintage sartorial plate with a splash...

Thanks cookie... That is nice to hear.... :)

Thanks for the compliments Jerekson, mister7, and Rooster.. :)

Rooster.. I figured you would appreciate the shotgun. ;)

kindofblue

New in Town
Great looking suit!

I have been wanting to find some vintage suits lately....but I don't know where to begin or what to look for. Do you have any pointers about looking on ebay....what do I look for? How do I know the time period it was made? How do I know if it is a good suit?

Technonut

Practically Family
Great looking outfit Techno! Very Untouchables with the shotgun.
Good looking hat to boot. I just got one on order.

Thanks Dan.. :) The 1945 Metropolitan is a great lid.. I'm sure you will be pleased.. ;)

kindofblue: Thanks!... I have a favorite search going on eBay under the "Men's Clothing.. 1930-46 (Depression, WWII)" category. It is just picking and choosing from there.. ;)

I have found a very good source of vintage clothing online, but if I told you where, I would have to kill you..... lol :p

kindofblue

New in Town
Technonut said:
Thanks Dan.. :) The 1945 Metropolitan is a great lid.. I'm sure you will be pleased.. ;)

kindofblue: Thanks!... I have a favorite search going on eBay under the "Men's Clothing.. 1930-46 (Depression, WWII)" category. It is just picking and choosing from there.. ;)

I have found a very good source of vintage clothing online, but if I told you where, I would have to kill you..... lol :p

Just please don't do it with the shotgun!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe