Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My latest Lids, if a little late!

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
I have two new (truly new) hats to show off, but a recent battle with the flu has stalled their arrival here...

A while back, I became the proud owner of a custom Art Fawcett, and my first custom hat ever. (My apologies to Art for not getting these on the Lounge faster). No other hat I own looks as good, and none have the quality of this baby. It's designed around the Sportaire from his limited line. I admit, I was a little skeptical about paying that much for a hat (or any other single item of clothing other than a winter coat), but I have no regrets now that I have it in hand. This will not be my last custom hat!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/micha...photos.yahoo.com/ph/michaelgarcia13/my_photos

Next up is my new summer hat; my first Milan Straw by Biltmore (from Miller Hats). I really like it, so thanks to all of you who helped me make the decision. It's perfect for me.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/micha...photos.yahoo.com/ph/michaelgarcia13/my_photos

Well, that's it for a while. At least with hats. I don't expect to buy any more until next year. (Famous last words).
NB

Washington

New in Town
Truly a thing of beauty

You've only confirmed my belief that Art really is one of the finer custom makers.

Also, the straw is a nice match for you. It suits you very well.

Washington

WEEGEE

Practically Family
Great Hats....and on you

Not-Bogart13,

When you get one of Art's you feel like you have not paid enough.

The summer hat looks great...hope you have not worn it out of the house yet ... could cause a riot as the hat industry said....May 15th Straw Hat Day.

Great Hats... enjoy...WeeGee

riccardo

Practically Family
They are both wonderful hats.
I love those kind of edge brims....in my future there is an Art's custom hat.
The straw is very beautiful,any link for this model?

Compliments.
Riccardo.

shoeshineboy

Practically Family
Marc Chevalier said:
That's easily rectified. Just pay Art more!

every time I put on the Tucker I put a dollar in a coffee can marked "ART"...

my wife wrote in "WAL-M"..in front of it.....

sorry Art...I tried....

mark the shoeshine boy

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Looks great!!

Quote,

My latest Lids, if a little late!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have two new (truly new) hats to show off, but a recent battle with the flu has stalled their arrival here...

A while back, I became the proud owner of a custom Art Fawcett, and my first custom hat ever. (My apologies to Art for not getting these on the Lounge faster). No other hat I own looks as good, and none have the quality of this baby. It's designed around the Sportaire from his limited line. I admit, I was a little skeptical about paying that much for a hat (or any other single item of clothing other than a winter coat), but I have no regrets now that I have it in hand. This will not be my last custom hat!

The hat looks good on you also. I'd rather save my money and buy a custom made pure beaver from Art Fawcett than an Ebay hat or a factory hat.

Its money saved in the long run...:eusa_clap The custom will last several lifetimes.:D

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
I'm Convinced

SHARPETOYS said:
The hat looks good on you also. I'd rather save my money and buy a custom made pure beaver from Art Fawcett than an Ebay hat or a factory hat.

Its money saved in the long run...:eusa_clap The custom will last several lifetimes.:D

Yeah, Sharpe. I really see the logic in that. Granted, I'd still like at least one more vintage that isn't an Open Road, but ultimately I think I'll be curtailing my ebay-hunting, and saving up for custom hats from Art and Steve. I have some ideas... now I just need the $$$$!!!
NB

Citizen Ed

Familiar Face
Those are some great looking hats especially the one from Art. Due to the apparent mutantesque size of my noggin and lack of desired brim sizes I like, my hopes of getting a vintage hat off e-bay is rapidly sinking. From the samplings I've seen here I think I'll go for a custom from Art instead.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe