Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Latest Bronco A2-29191 contract size 44

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have owned two original Broncos in the past from this 1942 contract. One was made from goatskin and was suffering from terminal rot and was quickly passed on. The second, which I bought at the end of 2010 was labelled a 44 but fitted like a 42 and has been reprayed in a USAAF depot making the leather stiff in places. Now this hh Bronco has not been resprayed and the leather is thick and supple with areas of pronounced grain. The jacket is all original apart from the wristlets which appear to be matching theatre replacements. The Crown zip retains its spring and works extremely well. I have repaired the lining at the neck and mended several moth nips.

002-6.jpg

004-6.jpg

006-7.jpg

028.jpg

029-2.jpg

030.jpg

031-2.jpg

033-2.jpg

034-1.jpg

035.jpg

Last edited:

too much coffee

Practically Family
Hi Andrew;

Funny, I never noticed the snaps................too busy drooling over the leather! Rushed through or bypassed QC in a hurry to support the war effort I suppose?

Your jacket is absolutely stunning and you wear it very well indeed.

Regards,
coffee

Last edited:

bentusian

One of the Regulars
Congrats on another fascinating addition to your collection!

With regard to what you mentioned in your first post, Andrew, if I may ask a slightly off-topic question here, I wonder what would be the best way to repair damaged lining around the neck? I have a friend whose A-2 is suffering this particular problem in a severe way, and he's quite at a loss what to do about it. He has contacted a professional repair shop in Japan, but the price they're asking for is pretty steep - a good amount of money to buy another decent jacket. Is there a proper DIY method? Thanks.

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Congrats on another fascinating addition to your collection!

With regard to what you mentioned in your first post, Andrew, if I may ask a slightly off-topic question here, I wonder what would be the best way to repair damaged lining around the neck? I have a friend whose A-2 is suffering this particular problem in a severe way, and he's quite at a loss what to do about it. He has contacted a professional repair shop in Japan, but the price they're asking for is pretty steep - a good amount of money to buy another decent jacket. Is there a proper DIY method? Thanks.

It depends on the damage to the lining. If all the lining is present it can usually be sewn back together. Sometimes it can be glued in place with a textile glue. If it is badly damaged it may be necessary to sew on a matching piece of lining at the neck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe