Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My First Knox

Wil Tam

Practically Family
I just recieved this gem [eBay win] .. slightly flawed but still gorgeous IMO! .. claimed it was new & still in the hat box with tags .. it was but it has this I don't know what on the brim, looks sorta like wax .. color is a nice rich charcoal grey with a black ribbon & wind trolley

DSC00631.jpg

DSC00621.jpg

DSC00625.jpg

DSC00632.jpg

DSC00602.jpg

DSC00603.jpg

DSC00606.jpg

tortswon

Practically Family
Congrats on the new arrival!

That's a beautiful hat, WT! I was looking at it when it was up, but decided to hold off to make a another purchase. Looking at those pics, you may have made a better choice than I. Show us some pics with your head under it. Best, Sam

ken100

Familiar Face
Nice

Hi Wil tam, nice looking hat, can you tell me what IMO means, also you said something about a wind trolley, I think I know what it is but down here in OZ Ive never seen a hat with a wind trolley, Im thinking its a leash for minimising hat loss, which I have had experience with, Manly ferry, Akubra fedora, high winds, hat gone, its like hearding cats to get a ferry captain to stop in mid trip but Im hoping theres a very stylish barramundi sporting my lid down there somewhere.
Ken

Wil Tam

Practically Family
tortswon said:
That's a beautiful hat, WT! I was looking at it when it was up, but decided to hold off to make a another purchase. Looking at those pics, you may have made a better choice than I. Show us some pics with your head under it. Best, Sam

Thanks!

What did you end up getting? I won several others which I will post as soon as they arrive

Wil Tam

Practically Family
ken100 said:
Hi Wil tam, nice looking hat, can you tell me what IMO means, also you said something about a wind trolley, I think I know what it is but down here in OZ Ive never seen a hat with a wind trolley, Im thinking its a leash for minimising hat loss, which I have had experience with, Manly ferry, Akubra fedora, high winds, hat gone, its like hearding cats to get a ferry captain to stop in mid trip but Im hoping theres a very stylish barramundi sporting my lid down there somewhere.
Ken

Man sorry to hear that you lost an Akubra ... there is a thread somewhere on the forums that is a tutorial on how to make and attach your own trolley to any hat that you own

IMO = In My Opinion

Wil Tam

Practically Family
I got lucky on it Stoney ... the night before I lost out on a 60's Borsalino triple x beaver ... by a dollar ... I was annoyed for a while... but it was kinda beat-up

I almost lost this one at the last moment also but since I had the beta countdown on my desktop I won ... 50 smackers! but well worth it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe