Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My first hat = what to choose?

Cufflinks_Carl

Suspended
Rick Blaine said:
:eusa_doh: Just what in the bloody thunderfunk do you think this Flechet is that is refered to in your O.P.? shakeshead

roller_hat.jpg

I thought to buy it because I could reshape it and make it look dressier.

Afterwards, I figured out I wanted a Homburg style hat.

Marcus Brody

Familiar Face
This site is a joke = they still convert French francs and have no euros = SCARY
They do convert Euros, it's 3 letter currency code is XEU and it's at the end of the list. I dunno why they still have Francs on their list though.

How about this one? It's a really classic design, not at all like a farmer's hat;)
federation-midbrown-large.jpg

Cufflinks_Carl

Suspended
Marcus Brody said:
They do convert Euros, it's 3 letter currency code is XEU and it's at the end of the list. I dunno why they still have Francs on their list though.

How about this one? It's a really classic design, not at all like a farmer's hat;)
federation-midbrown-large.jpg

In France, it would be a farmer's hat.

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Cufflinks_Carl said:
... I figured out I wanted a Homburg style hat.

Oh... in that case I would troll ebay. Amazing vintage Homburgs (that are far less popular than fedoras) can often be had for a song, particularly if you have a smaller size.

Spellflower

Practically Family
Cufflinks_Carl said:
In France, it would be a farmer's hat.

French farmers evidently have far more fashion sense than their American counterparts!

O.A.T.A._6-2006_023.jpg

As for Aussies and their hats, they have a much sunnier climate than the U.S. or Europe, and so hats are more of a necessity. I don't know that they're required anywhere, but perhaps in schools when kids are outside, as a prevention against cancer.

NonEntity

Suspended
Cufflinks_Carl: "Thanks for the tips but I don't want a fedora."

ed_bollix: "black farmers hat???"

Cufflinks_Carl: "Correct ! I thought to buy it because I could reshape it and make it look dressier. Afterwards, I figured out I wanted a Homburg style hat."

What we have is a failure to communicate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe