Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My dad recently bought me a 641 for my birthday, unbeknownst to me but I'm upset about the collar tab

Status
Not open for further replies.

TLW '90

Practically Family
(so much so that he now wants to monitor his dad's shopping choices in general)
That I can sort of relate to a bit, but not really in this context.

I'm not exactly tech savvy or anything myself , but my dad only accessed the internet for the 1st time when finally getting a smartphone less than 10 years ago, and he refuses to understand that you can't trust a lot of what you'll find.

He has been been ripped off a lot with buying junk from Fakebook and emails because he just lacks scepticism.
He'll buy anything that looked cool in the pictures, buy from the 1st Google result he gets, and just never learns because he usually at least gets something in the mail.
Most recently is sort of related actually.
He was a big Toby Keith fan, and shortly after he died he got an add for a Toby Keith denim jacket.
He paid like $75 for the jacket, and it was supposed to be a large.
What he eventually got in the mail was sized for a 10 year old, and of one time use Halloween costume quality.
The worlds thinnest denim and every button / button hole...etc was false.

bigmanbigtruck

A-List Customer
This makes sense now, but I truly do hope he can find a way to stick around and learn then become a productive member.
There's a lot to learn.
lol I don’t think he intends to be that deep. Guy’s just a troll. If u go thru his posts:
#1 - wearing leather jackets are begging other people to fight you
#2 - finally gets a jacket that turns out to be a fashion lambskin jacket
#3 - decides to crap on a Schott and throws shade at his dad

This is some epic storyboarding on his part. Wonder what brilliant fiction he’ll come up with next.

Maybe he conditions the Schott with ketchup, mustard and relish… throws a hotdog at it for good measure and insists his jacket is saved

Guess he just plans to destroy TFL from the inside.

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
The jacket is nicely broken in from the previous wearer, and everything looks good to me, except for the collar tab.

The waves/ripples were something I noticed after trying on the jacket and not sure how to make it less rippled. Is there any conditioner safe for steerhide to make the collar tab flat/normal?

My dad ordered this somewhere online and should have told him I recently bought a similar genuine leather jacket.
This jacket is flawless. Thank your father, he knows more about leather jackets than you.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
lol I don’t think he intends to be that deep. Guy’s just a troll. If u go thru his posts:
#1 - wearing leather jackets are begging other people to fight you
#2 - finally gets a jacket that turns out to be a fashion lambskin jacket
#3 - decides to crap on a Schott and throws shade at his dad

This is some epic storyboarding on his part. Wonder what brilliant fiction he’ll come up with next.

Maybe he conditions the Schott with ketchup, mustard and relish… throws a hotdog at it for good measure and insists his jacket is saved

Guess he just plans to destroy TFL from the inside.

No you’re missing the actual #2 (before yours) which is about the Schott 641 being his dream jacket. And in the fashion jacket thread he said he chose it because a used 641 is too expensive.

Then in this one he’s dunking on his dad for buying that for him.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
I will thank him again. I'll remind him to maybe look at the pictures more carefully in the future for anything he buys online. Not just my stuff but in general.

Could you please add an arrow or somethign to point out what the "problem" is?
Cause i am not seeing what you are complaining about, and i don't see how your dad would have seen it either.

zebedee

One Too Many
Of particular concern is the often overlooked danger of 'Rippler's Nipple': it begins at the latch and gradually works its way down- and then through - the leather. The initial infection looks like a rash, but the ensuing chafing is enough to cause distress which may spread to surrounding forums (née fora) and worsen over time. Eventually, especially in cases where the sufferer is approaching middle age, the embarrassment may lead the afflicted to blame parents, friends and even strangers for the condition. In extreme, entrenched cases, those too far gone for treatment have taken to the streets in leather, basically inviting trouble.

TheBigTimeBecks

Familiar Face
My dad was thoughtful but I think he still should have either looked at other 641 or even 141 without the ripple collar tab or just spend more on a new jacket.
No you’re missing the actual #2 (before yours) which is about the Schott 641 being his dream jacket. And in the fashion jacket thread he said he chose it because a used 641 is too expensive.

bigmanbigtruck

A-List Customer

lol I missed that the 641 was his dream jacket. Tho somehow I think his actual dream is to rile up everyone - typical ragebaiter

Last edited:

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My dad was thoughtful but I think he still should have either looked at other 641 or even 141 without the ripple collar tab or just spend more on a new jacket.
The “ripples” and creases on this jacket would have occurred within a week of wearing it from new…

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Yeah, he strikes me as the kind who gets a kick out of triggering people on the internet. Should be banned so he does not waste peoples time and good will.

TheBigTimeBecks

Familiar Face
Do Sly and the Family Stone make good music? Yes!
Does Sly and Co. make good jackets? No!
If you felt or tried on a Sly & Co, the leather is smoother and softer than the 641 that I have. That one is smooth but not super soft. Schott is all marketing it seems. I bought into the hype.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld