Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Custom Black A2 Style Jacket

Warbaby

One Too Many
This may be a bit of heresy to those of you who are hardcore A2 aficionados, but I thought some of you might like to see my custom A2-style jacket in black (if I'm gonna to wear leather, it's gonna be black, and that's that). I had it made at Johnson Leathers in San Francisco about 6-7 years ago (They do superb work and their quality is tops). The leather is is a thick, supple cowhide that has proven to be exceptionally durable. I wear this jacket a lot and it's served me well all over the world in all kinds of weather - and it still looks great. Note the cool detail in the way they did the underside of the knit cuff in leather - prevents wear on your cuffs from resting them on the bar while you cage free drinks with your tales of derring-do.

blackA2.jpg

It's not really that shiny - just looks that way from the flash.

blackA2det.jpg

Cuff detail.

R_A2bCR.jpg

If you're wondering about the wings pin - I made it about 30 years ago. It's a vintage sterling U.S.Airforce pin that I cut out the center out of and set with a cabochon moonstone.

wings1.jpg

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Altho they might be misinterpreted as "moonbat" (for those who care about such things :rolleyes: ).

I agree it's a great jacket, because it's how you like it. I myself usually avoid black leather because it's so ubiquitous, but I do wear it, and the A-2 is one of the more conservative ways to do so.

kojax

Practically Family
i am thing og getting my brother a gibson barnes civil a-2 dark seal goatskin jacket for xmass..........he likes side pockets*****

Warbaby

One Too Many
Fletch said:
Altho they might be misinterpreted as "moonbat" (for those who care about such things :rolleyes: ).

I agree it's a great jacket, because it's how you like it. I myself usually avoid black leather because it's so ubiquitous, but I do wear it, and the A-2 is one of the more conservative ways to do so.

Moonbat??? What's a Moonbat?

Yes, I absolutely love this jacket - if I could have only one jacket, this would be it. It's perfect for spring and fall temperatures, and worn with a heavy wool sweater it will keep me warm in any sort of weather I'd consider going out in. And the A2 style in avoids the fetish/punk/biker connotations of black leather (not that I have anything against the fetish/punk/biker look, but it just doesn't work on someone my age, alas).

johnnyjohnny

Practically Family
your Johnson is nice...

...didn't mean that how it sounds...

but i too have a johnson...jacket...

i got mine on ebay, not knowing what brand it was, but was looking for an authentic g-2, the forgotten u.s. ww2 jacket, and there was one...it was made out of distressed leather (the fad back when it was made no doubt) so had that 'scrunched in a box for 20 years' look, which is cool

when i got it, i was blown away by the quality, construction, cut...everything was totally high end...so i looked at the label and saw johnson leather, and googled them, to find they make high end custom coats...

it was a pleasant surprise to get something on ebay for $120 or so that was arguably in the same league as aero for quality

so you do have quite a nice...er, jacket...and it looks good on or off...have fun drinking at the bar in it!

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Warbaby said:
Moonbat??? What's a Moonbat?
From Wikipedia: "Moonbat is a term sometimes used in United States politics as a political epithet referring to anyone who is believed to be liberal or on the left. Wingnut is often used as the analogous epithet aimed at the political right."
BarkingMoonbat.gif

Warbaby

One Too Many
Fletch said:
From Wikipedia: "Moonbat is a term sometimes used in United States politics as a political epithet referring to anyone who is believed to be liberal or on the left. Wingnut is often used as the analogous epithet aimed at the political right."
BarkingMoonbat.gif

I can live with that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82