Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Movie screengrabs merged thread

rlk

I'll Lock Up
4751698055_387257d5a4_b.jpg

4751700793_5b574581c9_b.jpg

4751700901_873f7c4bc0_b.jpg

4751700605_5118fc1212_o.jpg

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

What style of hat would that be called. I like it as well as I like the movie. I'm damn near 50, so I can pretty much offend anyone I want by the way I look and not get real upset about it. I'll still probably get a Campaign hat first though.

Later

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
That is a gorgeous hat. It inspired me to watch the movie again. My first thought would be that it is some sort of cavalry hat, but I am not really sure on that.

edit: I just noticed that someone more knowledgeable has already answered. Listen to them, not me. I do like style though. Go for it.

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
vintage68 said:
Thanks very much. Just out of curiosity though, why would you assume that look would offend anyone?

It's not so much that the hat would offend anyone, but I'm old enough to not get really really worried about how people think I look. I work in aerospace, where what you look like is of varying degrees of importance. Depends on the year, the customer, etc. On the other hand, I'm the only person wearing a straw hat this summer.

Later

Lando

Practically Family
I actually just ordered a Silverbelly Fedora from Bronco Sue with a Rimrock Crease in it. Ive been watching "Open Range" too much and wanted a city version of the hat Costner wears. Makes me think of a shark fin when I look at it lol. Will post pictures when it comes in. Caine's hat is very cool and I hope you find one that suits you.

gtdean48, were the stagecoach resistols any good? A friends recently closed his cowboy shop and gave me an older used one. I can't figure out the quality on it since all its says is Resistol Stagecoach and anything on the sweatband has long since be wiped away by years of wear. Thanks if you have any info.

Lando said:
I actually just ordered a Silverbelly Fedora from Bronco Sue with a Rimrock Crease in it. Ive been watching "Open Range" too much and wanted a city version of the hat Costner wears. Makes me think of a shark fin when I look at it lol. Will post pictures when it comes in. Caine's hat is very cool and I hope you find one that suits you.

gtdean48, were the stagecoach resistols any good? A friends recently closed his cowboy shop and gave me an older used one. I can't figure out the quality on it since all its says is Resistol Stagecoach and anything on the sweatband has long since be wiped away by years of wear. Thanks if you have any info.
The one I bought in late 1970s has been a good, tough hat. I don't know if they had an X designation but will check mine when I get home from work. I had heard that they were collector items especially if you had the stagecoach pin. IMHO, a lot of the Stagecoach line was designed to address the craze right after Urban Cowboy & had some atrocious trimmings...

Lando

Practically Family
Oh it had some terrible trimming I can assure you. I sent it out to renovate and put a contrast band on. Debated having a rimrock crease put in, but I settled for the Roy Rogers double O since I've never had a hat with that crease before. Always good to try something new. Thanks for the info though.

vintage68

Practically Family
Can anyone get me screengrabs of Alfred's hat in the opening scenes of Legends of the Fall? He's the oldest brother played by Aidan Quinn, and it's the dark brown hat with bound edge he wears on horseback when the family goes to pick up Isabella.

Thanks in advance!

vintage68

Practically Family
BTW, this is the hat I'm talking about:

994LOF_Aidan_Quinn_002.jpg

I found it on the Internet, so it's the only good one I have. If anyone can get me some screengrabs of different angles I'd really appreciate it as I'm having a new hat made.

vintage68

Practically Family
Last Stand at Saber River Hat

Okay, I did a search and I'm not finding pics of the hats in River Runs Through It. I know I must have entered something wrong, so can someone post a link to any threads concerning the hats?

Thanks in advance

vintage68 said:
Okay, I did a search and I'm not finding pics of the hats in River Runs Through It. I know I must have entered something wrong, so can someone post a link to any threads concerning the hats?

Thanks in advance

Good luck.

With avoiding exasperated comments from those few folks who have to tell you how you just didn't do a correct search, putting you in your place with a link to a Google search on the subject using the correct paramaters.
So there. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe