Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MEN'S PAJAMAS and DRESSING GOWNS

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
I sold this awesome vintage robe to a Lounger some months ago. Sometimes I question that move. All acetate. Heavy, well built and luxurious.

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

DSC_0021.jpg

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Then there's this one. All Poly'. Bought it on a lark to see what it'd fetch on Ebay. Tripled my money :D , which isn't really saying much. The buyer had a screen name of 'Studio54discostud', or some such. lol lol

DSCN0514.jpg

DSCN0526.jpg

DSCN0528.jpg

DSCN0531.jpg

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
This one's got some age to it. Obviously a smoking jacket. Finely done red corduroy. No tags. I wear it once in a while but mostly it spends its time covering my shirt form when I'm not photographing something on it.

{The ascot is a vintage Baar & Beards of Japanese silk on one side and super soft virgin wool on the other.}

DSCN3921.jpg

DSCN3922.jpg

HepKitty

One Too Many
HarpPlayerGene said:
I sold this awesome vintage robe to a Lounger some months ago. Sometimes I question that move. All acetate. Heavy, well built and luxurious.

DSC_0005.jpg

[/IMG]

That is a classy robe. I'm sorry about your loss

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
A rainey day...in London Town...

(Well in the hills of the Scottish Borders!!). So what better way to start the morning than to be wrapped up in some 40's wool, a proper open fire in the grate (which the dogs are hogging - quite right too!!) and a cup of Java (a nicely ground Monsoon Malabar to 'KICK' start the day!!).
Great thing about nice, snuggly PJ's and Gowns is that you don't feel 'in a rush' to jump into your outdoor clothes - it just paces the whole thing a bit better, before the day begins FOR REAL..!;)
Can you BELIEVE that this gown is from the early 40's?? me neither!! I'm almost afraid to wear it at times, in case the moths have a party or I snag it. But then again, what's the point IF you don't wear these things [huh]
Have a good day and wonderful weekend ALL you fine members out there in vintage-land!! :eusa_clap

DRESSINGGOWN012.jpg

DRESSINGGOWN011.jpg

DRESSINGGOWN006.jpg

DRESSINGGOWN005.jpg

DRESSINGGOWN004.jpg

DRESSINGGOWN014.jpg

Miss sofia

One Too Many
HarpPlayerGene - I salute your excellent taste, i love the muted colours on your blue robe, lovely.

Paddy - Now that's what we all wanted to see!! Especially on this horrid, grey, rainy day! Blooming good show. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
ALL purely Educational.

Hope the Reference Pictures are useful and offer encouragement to other members in seeking out Vintage Bedroom and Lounge Wear :)
Glad I did okay..! :)

Vintage lover

A-List Customer
My newest acquisition. Found it at a shop I recently discovered which specializes in vintage, and my mother bought it as a gift. A little big on me, but nothing my tailor can't fix.
dscf1103db.jpg

Edward

Bartender
For those in the UK, Marks & Spencer's current range includes some really nice, vintage style cotton flannel pjs @ £25 or thereabouts. Lovely quality - I'm planning to pick some up myself soon. The waist will be elastic (I wish a tie-belt waist would come back in), but if that doesn't bother you, they're grand.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
My newest acquisition...................... A little big on me, but nothing my tailor can't fix.
Actually, it does not look terribly big on you, at least in the photo.What alterations were you planning for the tailor to make?

Vintage lover

A-List Customer
It's rather wide on me. I'm going to have him take it in so I don't have to bunch up the extra fabric in the back to make it look like it does in the photo.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
I had recently spied this dressing gown while watching Muppets Christmas Carol. It was the one that Michael Caine wore as Scrooge. Fairly similar to Indy's in Raiders but looked more like a drapery material. Not sure what kind of material you would call that. It looked fairly substantial too. I think brocade is the wrong word for the fabric, but I'm not 100% on that.
the-muppet-christmas-carol-50th-anniversary-edition-20051220045446879-000.jpg

carol.jpg

mcc50-04.jpg

mcc50-05.jpg

Wished there were some better pictures. It looks fairly similar to Indy's for the exception of the quilted collar & cuffs. Can anybody here hazard a guess as to what the fabric is based on these images? Could someone here drum up some better images to go from? I think I can get a pattern, and if I had the appropriate fabric I think I could get my Mother-in-law to make one for me. Would be an interesting project.

Heck I even like the knitted stocking cap.

Cheers!

Dan

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Great shots Tomasso! Thank you for posting those. His dressing gown does resemble some drapes we have as far as the fabric is concerned. I just need to find out what kind of fabric it is now. I think one can easily be made.

Cheers!

Dan

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe