Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MEN of the LOUNGE

PSK123

A-List Customer
Well, here is the photo for today :)

The uniform is that of the French Air Force. This particular one was made in the late 1930's by a Parisian tailor. Quite a nice example due to the fact that its the Officers pattern/cut but for a senior NCO (who often took a slight flare and used Officers designs). The metal insignia is however from a Paris Jewllers.

Due to the size of the French Air Force, and the occupation of France from 1940-44, its quite possibly the rarest piece in my collection, and my personal favourite.

I do however need to have the waist tailored slightly, to give a more tailored/pinched waist/taper to the tunic :)

Please excuse the slightly manic grin :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

FAFL091.jpg

Beowulf67

One of the Regulars
freebird said:
thanks, I appreciate the kind words, but I've also gained lots of wrinkles and grey hair as well.[huh]

Those seemed to have worked out OK for Sean Connery. ;)

Well, maybe not so much hair, but anyway....

Beowulf67

One of the Regulars
Darhling said:
Panache, you look great in a kilt!! (I hope we can see more fellas exploring that dresscode).

Note to self: FIND KILTED PICS!!! ASAP!

freebird said:
Ain't me babe. I don't think a short, fat, one eyed guy would look good in a kilt.....I'm more the Rooster Cogburn body type, jeans, a hat, maybe a vest and boots. Imagine John Wayne in a kilt. :eek:

Don't sell yourself short. The kilt can look good on any body type. Look up some Highland Games heavy athletics and you'll see some really big guys and they manage to look good.

freebird

Practically Family
Beowulf67 said:
Those seemed to have worked out OK for Sean Connery. ;)

Well, maybe not so much hair, but anyway....

True, but he had the looks and that scottish accent that dries the women wild. I just have that Suth'n drawl thang going and just average looks (at best).

alexandra

Practically Family
freebird said:
True, but he had the looks and that scottish accent that dries the women wild. I just have that Suth'n drawl thang going and just average looks (at best).

I'm just going to throw this out there, but you realise that to Scottish people a Scottish accent is normal, right? Scottish girls aren't all "Omg hiz accent wuz s0o0 drEamy!"

So like...every accent is intriguing to someone else.

freebird

Practically Family
alexandra said:
I'm just going to throw this out there, but you realise that to Scottish people a Scottish accent is normal, right? Scottish girls aren't all "Omg hiz accent wuz s0o0 drEamy!"

So like...every accent is intriguing to someone else.

tis true. I've got such a multi-cultural family that I rarely notice (Korean aunt;and a Fillipina S.I.L. who has many, many nieces, cousins etc who visit)

PSK123

A-List Customer
Miss 1929 said:
Pip, you are just a gorgeous young man! More please! White tie and tails?

Thank you :)

Well, I've just picked up a gorgeous 1930's tailcoat. But I still need to get the rest of the bits and pieces to go with it. I shall post when its already ;)

*Runs off to find his brylcreem*

TessTrueheart said:
This is my favourite week of the year so far :)

I shall endeavour to bring this into next week for you :D

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Pip said:
Thank you :)

Well, I've just picked up a gorgeous 1930's tailcoat. But I still need to get the rest of the bits and pieces to go with it. I shall post when its already ;)

*Runs off to find his brylcreem*

I shall endeavour to bring this into next week for you :D

we can have a whole calendar of Pip only!

alexandra

Practically Family
I have this imaginary fiance who's a pilot in the war and everyone keeps seeing my "engaged" status on facebook and asking who he is. I need to find a Pip in this damn city to pose as my fiance in his air force garb! lol

Beowulf67

One of the Regulars
freebird said:

I'm from Alabama so I understand the drawl thang. lol
But hopefully there is a woman out there that likes a man that sounds like Gomer Pyle.

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Beowulf67 said:
I'm from Alabama so I understand the drawl thang. lol
But hopefully there is a woman out there that likes a man that sounds like Gomer Pyle.
Southern accents are dreamy! They make a girl feel all moonlight and magnolias.

She's out there!

Beowulf67

One of the Regulars
Miss 1929 said:
Southern accents are dreamy! They make a girl feel all moonlight and magnolias.

She's out there!

Sadly around here, if you try to speak somewhat proper English people think you must be from somewhere else. I've lived here my entire life and some locals think I moved here because I don't talk country* enough.

*This means redneck lol

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
i know what you mean...i moved here to a more rural part of the country bringing a slight jersey, slang, california mixed accent and i get some funny looks from the locals...including my country* uncle...but at the university all of the professors and most of the students are not country*...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe