Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MEN of the LOUNGE

pgoat

One Too Many
Ada Veen said:
The bowtie looks great, seriously, 10 + +, and thats a lovely photo too.

I know this may sound really stupid, but what does 'imo' mean?

my apologies - internet shorthand for "In My opinion"

you'll also see imho (in my honest/humble opinion)

Taggert

Familiar Face
Here's a couple:
First is me being me

And the second is with my great grandpa's hat on (I do not own any suits or anything yet so this will have to do)
D1b.jpg

davehat1.jpg

Blackjack

One Too Many
Taggert said:
Here's a couple:
First is me bing me

And the second is with my great grandpa's hat on (I do not own any suits or anything yet so this will have to do)
D1b.jpg

davehat1.jpg

Taggert...
That hat fits you perfect man, like you were born to wear it! And sentimental value too, like your American Express card don't leave home without it!!!

Taggert

Familiar Face
Thanks Blackjack!

It's a touch tight so i will have to stretch it bit I do like it, even tho I have no idea what style it is...lol (I think it's a Jaxon if thats a style..lol) the hat is made by a company called Newport.

Every one here looks amazing, all so collected and cool with your slick suits and snazzy hats!

Big Man said:
I've never before been compared to William Jennings Bryan. Thanks (I think [huh] ).

Tying the bow tie was not as hard as I thought it would be, although to get it "right" will take a bit of practice. But, if someone as great as WJB can wear one crooked, who am I to worry about mine not being perfect. :)

Its a compliment. ;) :p
You did a fine job with the bowtie. :D

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
CharlesB said:
The cross of gold stance he took up was completely asinine

Although this line of discussion is :eek:fftopic: for this thread, I would respectfully disagree with your assertion that Bryan's "cross of gold stance" was asinine. The gold standard vs. silver standard issue had support on both sides. While the gold standard was embraced by big business interest, the silver standard championed by the working man's interest. While I'm no economist, and can't speak with any degree of knowledge about the respective merits of either standard; the big business side of things did manage to run the country into the ground resulting in the Great Depression.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Criss cross of gold

I also think we have the common confusion of William Jennings Bryan with William Cullen Bryant.
Yes, let's not rehash the gold vs silver issue.
(Tho I suspect gold or silver is still better then PAPER.)

CharlesB

Suspended
I'll defer on comments directly tied to this as it would violate the no politics rule here lest to say that historically gold has held a steady value appreciation in a way that silver never has and that given this to go toward silver or bimetalism would've actually decreased the value of our currency. Weaker currency would have hurt the working man cuz his money was no devalued and Bryants assumptions vis a vis this showed a completely unrealistic handling of economics.
Big Man said:
Although this line of discussion is :eek:fftopic: for this thread, I would respectfully disagree with your assertion that Bryan's "cross of gold stance" was asinine. The gold standard vs. silver standard issue had support on both sides. While the gold standard was embraced by big business interest, the silver standard championed by the working man's interest. While I'm no economist, and can't speak with any degree of knowledge about the respective merits of either standard; the big business side of things did manage to run the country into the ground resulting in the Great Depression.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe