Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Members of the Stratoliner Society, enter here...

Tony in Tarzana

My Mail is Forwarded Here
OK, I'm about to enter the Stratoliner Society, assuming all goes well with shipment. Too much money, but it's a cool one judging by the pictures. It comes with a TWA DC-3 pin, too. :)

That wouldn't stop me from wanting a Stratoliner or a Connie pin too, though. ;)

silvereed

Familiar Face
My $7.99 Stetson Stratoliner

Snaged this on OFAS. Buy it now for $7.99. It had no size listed, I brought it anyway. Seller was very slow to ship, a month later I got it. I wear size 7, it was a size 7 1/8...close enough for me. It is in excellent shape, with one tiny spot. I love it..... Late 40's early fifties Strat.

strat.JPG

carter

I'll Lock Up
silvereed said:
Snaged this on OFAS. Buy it now for $7.99. It had no size listed, I brought it anyway. Seller was very slow to ship, a month later I got it. I wear size 7, it was a size 7 1/8...close enough for me. It is in excellent shape, with one tiny spot. I love it..... Late 40's early fifties Strat.
strat.JPG

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Now that's what I'm talkin' about!

Congratulations on an incredible find!

Photos?

sola fide

One of the Regulars
Just delivered today. I tried to date the Strat and guess, based on "liner timeline", it is from the 40s but I will let the experts judge. I have now bought multiple sizes and measured my head to be a 7 1/8, but the Open Road Twenty Five was big at 7 1/8. I figure the Open Road was stretched as I am stretching the size 7 Stratoliner. I actually like the rigidity of the Open Road vs the Stratoliner. I have been recently corrected that the Stratoliner if from the 50s as indicated by the logo.
It is a dark gray, but I couldn't do it justice in the photo.

Mike A

Last edited:

Guardian Enzo

One of the Regulars
I have a question for all of you, as someone who's admired these beautiful hats from afar but never owned one. What sort of outfit do you typically pair a Stratoliner/Open Road with? More often casual? It strikes me that one could pull off a formal look with a really special one and be pretty sharp.

Guardian Enzo

One of the Regulars
Anywhere from a suit to jeans and a t-shirt with boots.

That's about what I was thinking - dress jeans and maybe a leather jacket. It's an unusual style of lid, really - one might even say unique - and not being experienced with them it struck me that it could either be incredibly versatile or incredibly hard to pair with.

RJR

A strat would be a super acquisition if its your first hat.Too many start with lower quality then find themselves on a purchase merry go round getting up to strat quality.Don't ask how I know this.

Guardian Enzo

One of the Regulars
A strat would be a super acquisition if its your first hat.Too many start with lower quality then find themselves on a purchase merry go round getting up to strat quality.Don't ask how I know this.

Not a word. ;)

It wouldn't be my first by any means, but in terms of real quality my collection is certainly small. Sadly, so it my budget atm. The versatility of the Strat is highly appealing, along with the sheer handsomeness of a good one. Not as appealing is the price when you find anything decent, but such is life.

sola fide

One of the Regulars
Pinching front and tucking the crown made it fit better so I decided to keep the Stratoliner. The cool thing is the aviation theme as I have worked in the aviation field my whole career starting with the Navy and spending the last 27 years with an airline. I can't seem to get away form airplanes. I could use the Stratoliner pin now.
Mike A

I have a question for all of you, as someone who's admired these beautiful hats from afar but never owned one. What sort of outfit do you typically pair a Stratoliner/Open Road with? More often casual? It strikes me that one could pull off a formal look with a really special one and be pretty sharp.

These models were/are considered "country hats" as opposed to "city hats" (hats you wear to town or in town when going out on the town).
As stated, they go from jeans & tees to coats & ties for me.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe