Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Meltonian - is it "Kiwi Select"?

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
matei said:
When I was in the Army we actually were instructed to strip the "laquer" off of our class A shoes and put the polish on ourselves.

I remember that nonsense from my stint in the Navy. They also made us remove the protective lacquer from our brass belt buckles, so that we'd have to shine them constantly.

shoeshineboy

Practically Family
Fleur De Guerre said:
While you chaps are having a discussion on this shoe polish, might I ask a quick, semi :eek:fftopic: question?

I haven't polished a shoe since I was about 10 years old, but I recently got a pair of leather heeled shoes. I foolishly drove in them a couple of times and some quite bad scuff marks have appeared on the backs and the heels. What can I do about this? Can they be polished out with normal polish? They are two tone black and white and I don't want to get black on the white so I am scared of even trying, but if I knew what to do I'm sure I could be careful.

I presume I would need to buy all the kit for polishing too, brushes and the like.

First of all are these patent leather ? If not I have repaired these with a little light coats of regular kiwi polish and then brush the dickens out of it....

Kiwi seems to have a bit more color than the polishes....

mark the shoeshine boy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe