Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

McGregor Drizzler or Baracuta G-9...

Salv

One Too Many
flat-top said:
http://www.vermontcountrystore.com/s...roductID=10480
I've seen this in person...it doesn't look "authentic" enough for my taste. It's sorta like a Members Only jacket!

That's a Drizzler flat-top. Although they look fairly similar there are some differences between the two jackets. The obvious difference is the fabric - the Drizzler is/was Sanforized cotton (those models from vermontcountrystore.com are poly/cotton) with a slight sheen, while the Anti-Freeze was glossy nylon; they both had slanted pocket openings, but the Drizzler has that square-with-rounded-corner stitching detail around the pockets that you can see in the old advert in my first post; the AF has more elastic around the waist than the Drizzler; and the Drizzler has a button up collar which the AF appears not to have.

Salv

One Too Many
BellyTank pointed me to a NOS Drizzler on eBay UK, with a starting price of £4.99, and I kept my eye on it to see if there were any bids. I didn't need a brown Drizzler, as I picked up a beige Drizzler recently, but with two hours to go there were no bids so I stuck in a bid for £4.99 and got it.

So thanks very much BT.

Speedster

Practically Family
Very good deal Salv.

Salv said:
but with two hours to go there were no bids so I stuck in a bid for £4.99 and got it.

That was a very good deal Salv. And also on the beige Drizzler you got recently.

I was in Sweden (Gothenburg) recently and found a shop where they had the Baracuta G9, and tried it on. Very nice jacket, and still one of my favourites but very pricey. So i think i will end up going for a Drizzler instead. That is real value for money.

Speedster

jeep44

One of the Regulars
I saw this thread,and being in need of a lightweight coat, looked up the drizzler and immediately "bought it now" on ebay. The listing said it was 100% cotton, and the tag also says 100% cotton,but alas,the care tag in the coat says 65%polyester 35%cotton. Well, I guess what could I expect for $20?,but be warned if you buy one.:(

Speedster

Practically Family
jeep44 said:
I saw this thread,and being in need of a lightweight coat, looked up the drizzler and immediately "bought it now" on ebay. The listing said it was 100% cotton, and the tag also says 100% cotton,but alas,the care tag in the coat says 65%polyester 35%cotton. Well, I guess what could I expect for $20?,but be warned if you buy one.:(

Thanks for the info. Have been thinking about the $20.- "buy it now" Drizzler on ebay. But still a very good deal.

Speedster

jeep44

One of the Regulars
Mine says it was made in Macau. I am disappointed it is not 100% cotton, but at the price I paid, I am not going to get too bent out of shape about it. it is still a nice-looking jacket.

Salv

One Too Many
I got my brown Drizzler in the post today but it's not, as advertised, a size 44, it's a 40 :rage: So it's got to go back - I've contacted the seller and he's agreed to refund my money, but I've still got to pay the postage to return the damn thing. It's a shame because it's in perfect condition - a little musty - with a very nice sheen that the new jackets don't have.

I'm at work at the moment so I can't check the care tag on my new Buy-it-now $19.00 Drizzler, but I'm pretty sure it's 100% cotton. I'll confirm when I get home. There are two buy-it-now sellers - I bought mine from NJPower.

pablocham

One of the Regulars
I really love the drizzler. I have an old khaki drizzler that is on the verge of falling apart, and I have been agonizing about getting a new one. Lucky for me, today I found a navy blue one in like new condition for 4 dollars at the value village.

Salv

One Too Many
I should contact that seller and ask for some commission...

I've been wearing mine for the last few days, as the weather here is just right for it at the moment. Not cold, but cloudy with occasional showers.

Speedster

Practically Family
Have been thinking of getting a Drizzler instead of the Baracuta. That Drizzler is much better value for money.

My chest is 44". Anyone know if a Drizzler in Medium or Large would be the right size?

Salv

One Too Many
Speedster said:
Have been thinking of getting a Drizzler instead of the Baracuta. That Drizzler is much better value for money.

My chest is 44". Anyone know if a Drizzler in Medium or Large would be the right size?

The medium would be too small I think. I have a 44" chest as well and I bought a XL, which is quite roomy, so a Large would probably fit comfortably.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust