Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Maybe you were around back then?

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
pigeon toe said:
That's why I hope that when I die I get to time travel. :)

I think there's a good possibility of time travel, pidgeon toe :p hey and also space travel! :p well i think so at least lol , but i try to be open minded on what it's going to be because i don't want to begin that life angry that it wasn't what I hoped for. he-he this is fun.

pretty faythe

One Too Many
I believe in reincarnation and a higher power, God. Not all belief systems are the same, but I believe that they can all be traced back to one thing, not sure what that one thing is though.
Any hooo, so yes, I believe that I have been around a time or two.
One era that I have always been attached to is the fronteer times, mid to later 1800's. I've always felt that I should be there, that I have been there, ya know.
And for as long as I can recall, long before I was able to drive, I have had dreams of being in a major car accident on a freeway. I believe that this is how I died in a past life. Now if this was when freeways were first being introduced and people drove like maniacs or later, I'm not sure. But I have always believed that this is why I dont like driving on freeways and will avoid it whenever possible.
(p.s.. I always wake before the crash is finished so I never feel/see myself die, it's just what I know

Elaina

One Too Many
I believe in it, had soms studies done on me, and had a couple of things verified to be true after they were recorded. I've also had people call me by a name I was in a past life, and I find that I don't care for the history of the times in which I lived. It bores me.

That said, I don't have a thing to do with the 30's up.

I also have a weird belief about reincarnation, religion and God, so what do I know?

Rosie

One Too Many
PrettySquareGal said:
Do you believe in reincarnation? I don't know if I do; I know that I have no logical explanation for it if it does occur. However, I sometimes have a sense of coming home when I read certain old books or listen to Glen Miller. I sometimes feel like I heard it the first time around. I've also always felt like an old lady, and I don't mean that in a negative sense, but like I've been around a long time.

What are you beliefs about reincarnation?

Interesting I would see this. This is a conversation I've been having with a few people lately.

Do I believe in reincarnation?

I think so. I have had dreams all of my life where I am a little boy in a log cabin, I get really sick and die. Past life or weird dream? I also have this dream/vision, of being a very thin woman with really bushy hair and a lot of kids. Just living a normal suburban life, nothing big. [huh]

As I am becoming older (more of an adult) I keep getting that I look EXACTLY like my grandmother. To the point where I am making family members cry by just walking into the door. I *feel* her greatly though I've never met her (she died before I was born) and apparently the compact I chose and a dress or two that I own are exactly or *just like* dresses and items she owned. [huh] My love of Ms. Ella Fitzgerald, Ms. Billie Holiday and Mr. Benny Goodman are scary to people also.

I am to have a reading done next month so I guess some questions may be answered. Not really sure.

Also, I've been told many times that I am a really old soul. Just a bit too wise/knowing (some word like that) for my age.

There is a child that I counsel, he is DEFINITELY an old soul. Just a little wise old man in this 12 year old body. He and I have the greatest conversations and his eyes are just so telling. It's weird.

Rosie

One Too Many
funneman said:
I used to have a friend who would swear if asked a child of three or four "do you remember, when you were big?" they would tell you all about a past life.

Names, clothing all sorts of details. I

In traditional African/Afro Cuban/ African decendant anywhere tradition it was common place for the midwife to ask a child "Who are you and why did you come here?" when they were born. If you ask a child, when they are young, before we plant them with our (the family's) thoughts and ideas, supposedly the child will tell you all about their past life, loves and their purpose of being here during this life time.

When connecting with our ancestors, sometimes they are not "home" not where they are supposed to be, very often it is believed they are within another body. However, It does not mean that you will COMPLETELY come back. Pieces of you, specific memories, desires, wants are entered into another soul, usually someone in your family or someone that you have a strong connection to. It is supposedly our job while on Earth to remember our reason for being here and fulfilling whatever task we chose before entering the physical shell.

Hope that makes sense.

RAF Man

One of the Regulars
Whether reincarnation happens or not, I would not like to say, but apart from feeling "right" about things 40s, movies, clothes, music etc I do have a recurring dream over the past 40 years or so, that continues to this day.

I'm being shot at by an enemy aircraft, and that I'm diving for cover behind a wall or something. Sometimes I am being followed on foot and being fired at, and sometimes both scenarios happen. The person is always wearing WW2 uniform and I always appear to know they are German, as is the aircraft, also in German markings. I never do get out of the way or manage to take cover, and always end up getting hit, although the sensation I feel is of no pain, and do not see myself lying there undergoing a painful death but invariably wake up disorientated, fearful and upset.

If this was just random fantasy from watching too many war films I would say, yes, it was, if the dream was isolated. But to have the exact same content over and over again does tend to make me think quite deeply about it at times. So if previous life and reincarnation does happen, then this has to be when my previous life ended, sometime during the WW2 period, and my new one began a few years later in the 50s.

Amber DeCadence

One of the Regulars
I definately believe in reincarnation, I always have. I'm stil trying to find where I 'fit' but my family think its strange I have a facination with corsetry and costuming, also that I knew exactly how to lace a corset without thinking about it [huh] One thing I am sure of is that I drowned, in murky waters and that something/one was forcing me under the water. I get feeling alot and have seen it vividly in my dreams which is rather frightening. A question I put to you though, do you believe it is possible to find someone you were connected to in a previous life, for whatever reason, you get a sense of knowing them before?

MaximOfSurrey

Familiar Face
If I were to believe in re-incarnation, what is to say I'm re-incarnated from someone who was from a first world country? Or anything good for that matter? For all I know I could've been awarded the "most wipped slave in Egypt" award several thousand years ago. I could've been re-incarnated from a bullfrog for all I know.

Come to think of it... I do feel a sort of strange attraction to Egypt and whipping instruments. The latter probably just because I'm a kraut.

Rosie

One Too Many
Amber DeCadence said:
A question I put to you though, do you believe it is possible to find someone you were connected to in a previous life, for whatever reason, you get a sense of knowing them before?

Don't think I'm crazy - I honestly believe my cousin and I (who is my absolute best friend) have been together in another lifetime. Since we were babies, we just *click*. We finish each other's sentences, think about the same things, felt as though we've had the same experiences. It's just too weird.

Also the man that I am currently dating. He and I have this WEIRD connection. I will think about him and he'll call me asking if I am okay or if everything is alright. The other day on the way home on the bus, I passed by a florist and saw sunflowers in the window ( I LOVE sunlowers) and thought, I'll have to go there tomorrow and get some. Well, we met one another for dinner and guess what? He bought me sunflowers. I never told him I like sunflowers though they are the flowers claimed by my Orisha http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orisha
so that may have been it. [huh]

lindylady

A-List Customer
I like to entertain the notion that I may have lived another life in the Golden Era. It would certainly help explain my tastes and habits now. My favorite decades are the 30s-50s. I identify most with the art, fashion, and culture of that time. While I am unable to wax philosophically on this topic at the moment, I will say that I experience feelings of nostalgia and "coming home" whenever I see or hear something that harkens to this time period.

The Lonely Navigator

Practically Family
Now I feel safe here...:)

I'm not the type to ponder my place in things, but I did have a strange experience back in early march 2004.

Out of nowhere I had a dream of being a U-Boat captain, but what makes it even more strange is that there was nothing around to 'trigger' this dream. No movies, or books, artifacts...anything. It simply happened. [huh]

Then at a recent WWII event in January (of this year), I had another highly inexplicable experience happen. I was dressed in my uniform (fully - captain's cap, medals, and tie) and met someone else who was dressed in a Kriegsmarine uniform. I had never met this person at any other time during this event. I went up to him and before I could introduce myself to him, he turned to me and exclaimed happily, "Prien!"

I never told him I was Prien...he just knew. [huh]

I forgot to add here - at the same event, I had also found for sale two vintage photos: one of the crew of the U-47 right after the Scapa Flow raid, and another that was taken in Wilhelmshaven at the Krupp shipyard of Prien.

So, I do think that there are some of us that have lived. The feelings are strong enough, perhaps even some memories.

Prien

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld