Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

May I introduce myself?

shortbow

Practically Family
Well, this sight is a revelation. I don't recollect just exactly how I stumbled upon it, but am right glad I did.

I didn't know anybody else out there was like this: anachronistic, atavistic, thinking the pinnacle of Western style and technology was achieved by 1950.

I've worn a hat everyday for the last forty years, carry a fountain pen, pocket watch, own no synthetic clothing, shoot iron sights, fish with a Tonkin cane rod, I'm in love with Karen Blixen and Osa Johnson, actually read the Bible, think the Model A was the best car ever built, like my exercise from the back of a horse or the belly of a cedar/canvas canoe in a wilderness lake and I keep my trousers up with stout braces.

Where I live, (tiny B.C. logging and ranching town) hat means ball cap, vest means life jacket, style means metal in your face and lots of tats for the younger set, cowkickers and a trophy buckles for the older ones.

I've always kinda figured I was little odd, and family and friends concur. Don't know why I like everything from Art Nouveau to the cycling of a 1911, pretty much given up trying to figure it out. Suffice it to say I feel rather vindicated by the august company of these rarefied precincts, and I've learned heaps already from several day's reading.

Thanks Eh!

I'm a seventh generation Texan, but when you live in Canada, it's just expected that you go EH! a lto.

Jerekson

One Too Many
Wow, you certainly seem like the type that flourishes around here! You and I share much in common, my friend.

Welcome!

donCarlos

Practically Family
shortbow said:
Where I live, (tiny B.C. logging and ranching town) hat means ball cap, vest means life jacket, style means metal in your face and lots of tats for the younger set, cowkickers and a trophy buckles for the older ones.
It´s amazing that my aunt (Prince George, B.C.) says absolutely the same! They emigrated from Czechoslovakia to Quebec, where they could live in...eh.... more civilised way and now, when they moved to Prince George... She told me that the most civilised man in the neighbourhood collects guns and has never seen so many books as they have...

Finally, welcome to the lounge, the best board on the internet :)

frijoli

One of the Regulars
shortbow said:
Well, this sight is a revelation. I don't recollect just exactly how I stumbled upon it, but am right glad I did.

I didn't know anybody else out there was like this: anachronistic, atavistic, thinking the pinnacle of Western style and technology was achieved by 1950.

I've worn a hat everyday for the last forty years, carry a fountain pen, pocket watch, own no synthetic clothing, shoot iron sights, fish with a Tonkin cane rod, I'm in love with Karen Blixen and Osa Johnson, actually read the Bible,
think the Model A was the best car ever built................................

Welcome to this obsession. Okay love the look of a model A, but best car?

Clay

shortbow

Practically Family
Thank you all, you're most kind and gracious.

Yeah, I like "charmingly eccentric," though I don't know how many would agree with the "charming" part.

Why I called the Model A the best car ever is that it, like me, works ok in town, but really shines on the back roads and goat trails. Sorta the original SUV.

And, lest I inadvertently left the impression that I was disparaging my fellow townsmen, I have to say the while my style, ain't their style, they're good folks.
And, I also have a firearm or two. In fact, I thought it's in the rules that you gotta have at least one gat to wear a fedora.

Anyhow, :D thanks for letting me in the door.

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
Welcome to the Lounge...
I'm a two revolver man m'self...Though a 1911 is on the list...Though I do have an 1897 Winchester shotgun, that goes really well with a fedora!:D

shortbow

Practically Family
Thank you Gentlemen. Sure seems we come from the same neck of the woods. The irony is that it takes this ghastly high tech plastic techno cyber monster to allow us to find one another. If life isn't paradox, what is it?:rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe