Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mallory just arrived!

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Razzman said:
Thanks Havershaw, I would like to deepen the front creases. I tried to work it bit this afternoon, but it doesn't hold. I'm going to need some instructions on how to shape or reshape and have it hold.:eusa_doh:

How is the steam working on your new hat ?

Wild Root

Gone Home
For what it's worth...

First, Mallory's are my favorite hats! I have two... Mallory 15 and a Mallory 20... they are my favorite hats!!!

In the 30's and early 40's it was very common to see a dark ribbon with a lighter bound edge... my Mallory 15 is a light tope with a navy ribbon and a light bound edge that matches the hat. As for yours, I would bet it's original! The contrasting stitching is a style detail on the bound edge... that is fancy!

As for shape, I'd not touch it! Steam it a little, put some dents in but, nothing too deep... I think it looks really sharp the way she is! When shaping hats, you don't want it to look real fresh, you want it to emulate what it is... I'd just put it on and go man, enjoy it and don't fuss over it a whole lot. That's just the way I feel about it.

Enjoy my friend! I sure hope you're not a 7 1/4 like me because if you are, you’ll have some stiff competition for Mallory’s so, with that thought… let the games begin! lol

=WR=

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
I'm betting this is the one my brother said he was bidding on for me. :rage:

Ah well. Enjoy.

Edited to say: I just checked the bid history; it was the one. Double :rage: :rage:

Razzman

One Too Many
Roger,

The steam worked well. Thank you. I'm taking my time. I'm going to brush the hat again and steam it one last time tomorrow. It's starting to look pretty darn good, if I do say so myself. lol

Razzman

One Too Many
Wild Root and Jake_Fink!

I am a 7 1/4. Remember that old saying, " all is fair with hats and war"? Or something like that. ;) I don't think that many folks bid on this hat. Only enough to drive up the price. :D I liked it because of the different look with the bound edge and stitching.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
actimally