Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Makins Hats

hatflick1

Practically Family
At a L.A. Nordstrums I saw a Makins fedora, wide brim and low sloping center dent crown. It could have almost passed for a re-enactment or old west hat.
The felt was very soft and pliable. No salesperson in the mens department knew and no label indicated the hat's exact material although it felt like a very soft and pliable fur felt.
Anyone know the Makins Hat Company? I rarely, if ever, see a Makins pop up on eBay.
Many thanks!

Hoss

Suspended
Makins Hats Ltd 212 W. 35th New York NY 10001 USA, Phone: 212.779.4651

NYC Jews sells them and mostly made in south Africa If memory serves me.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
I haven't heard of this brand so I went to the site. thanks for the link Bud. I find it interesting that (#71) they are calling a classic "C" crown a "pork pie" and that they are describing it as sueded "mink" felt . It was only when I was looking at other hats found that "mink" is actually the color, no the fur content. Just a bit confusing.

hatflick1

Practically Family
Ditto, Bud...thanks for the web link. I see the company describes its fall fedoras as fur felt. That answers my question. Some imaginative styles in non-felt, many types worn by the under thirty crowd locally around Hollywood.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82