Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

M.C. Gannon Hat Company

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Ready to jump on the bandwagon

ae658b83e1e2e87cfea97f5ddbd8517d.jpg
just saw this hat on Michaels Instagram .... my goodness !!!!

Reporting for duty as instructed!

My second Gannon, Moss Green with an Ashen Green ribbon/bow/brim binding (1 15/16"). 6" crown, 2 5/8" brim. Originally, I was trying to get a wide rust or copper colored contrasting ribbon put on it, but Michael didn't have anything like that available (apparently Rodolfo bogarted all of the 2" wide copper ribbon :rolleyes:). So after looking at a few different possibilities, I decided on this Ashen Green.

This is very nicely pounced, and a nice thin felt; it has that vintage-y feel others have talked about in Gannon hats. It wouldn't take a dry bash/pinch very well, so I got up early this morning to steam a crease into it. Horror of horrors, my steamer is not working anymore, so I misted it and shaped it before I put it on. It didn't take too long to dry. I may not keep this crease - I like it, but I'm not sure this is what the hat wants right now. The bow is fantastic. I love the fray and the little twist in the bow. I think that, along with the width of the ribbon, really sets it off.

Once again, I tried to talk Mr. Gannon into doing a sharksgill for me, but told him if he didn't want to tackle it, I'd like the setup I eventually got.

Jim: "So, Michael, did you make me a sharksgill?"
Michael Gannon: "Nope. 'frayed not!"

As usual, excellent construction, great ribbon work, perfect fit. This one is going to get some serious head time.

Pics, I got pics (not the best, the light was a little low this morning on my way out the door (even though I overslept).

Picture1.jpg
Picture5.jpg
Picture3.jpg
Picture10.jpg
Picture9.jpg
Picture7.jpg

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Jim that hat quickly became one of my absolute favorites on the lounge ...

I know you'll be messing with the crease a bit ... looks pretty darn good to me though ... I know she'll eventually tell you what she ultimately wants

I'm not usually all mushy about a damn bow .... but man, does that think make me all weak in the knees... just so superbly executed

I herby declare that the "Gannon Tankersley"

it has the vibe of my whiskey Gannon... maybe I'll wear her today

Jim that hat quickly became one of my absolute favorites on the lounge ...

I know you'll be messing with the crease a bit ... looks pretty darn good to me though ... I know she'll eventually tell you what she ultimately wants

I'm not usually all mushy about a damn bow .... but man, does that think make me all weak in the knees... just so superbly executed

I herby declare that the "Gannon Tankersley"

it has the vibe of my whiskey Gannon... maybe I'll wear her today

Thanks, Anthony. Means a lot coming from you.

That is beautiful,congrats.

Thank you sir! Mr. Gannon makes a fine hat, eh?

KY Crusader

A-List Customer

My second Gannon, Moss Green with an Ashen Green ribbon/bow/brim binding (1 15/16"). 6" crown, 2 5/8" brim. Originally, I was trying to get a wide rust or copper colored contrasting ribbon put on it, but Michael didn't have anything like that available (apparently Rodolfo bogarted all of the 2" wide copper ribbon :rolleyes:). So after looking at a few different possibilities, I decided on this Ashen Green.

This is very nicely pounced, and a nice thin felt; it has that vintage-y feel others have talked about in Gannon hats. It wouldn't take a dry bash/pinch very well, so I got up early this morning to steam a crease into it. Horror of horrors, my steamer is not working anymore, so I misted it and shaped it before I put it on. It didn't take too long to dry. I may not keep this crease - I like it, but I'm not sure this is what the hat wants right now. The bow is fantastic. I love the fray and the little twist in the bow. I think that, along with the width of the ribbon, really sets it off.

Once again, I tried to talk Mr. Gannon into doing a sharksgill for me, but told him if he didn't want to tackle it, I'd like the setup I eventually got.

As usual, excellent construction, great ribbon work, perfect fit. This one is going to get some serious head time.

Pics, I got pics (not the best, the light was a little low this morning on my way out the door (even though I overslept).

Absolutely love it! I'm thinking of sending my dark moss Gannon back to Michael for a 2" ribbon similar to yours. LOL on the Rodolfo "Bogart" reference. :) At least I known someone of quality is getting the good stuff!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up

Jim; Dynamite hat. Love the felt, light brown leather sweat (my personal fav of the Gannon sweats) and ribbon. Truly a great looking hat.

Would it not be great if we could order several ribbons and exchange them out depending on our whims? Something to dream about, but not possible. In the absence of exchangeable ribbons, what should we choose; a ribbon like yours, a Strat-like ribbon or a Wanderer-like ribbon. I want them all. On that note, we all should have 3 moss green hats each with a different ribbon for those whims. This evening I challenge myself by wishing for 3 moss green hats.

Love the new hat. Eric -

Jim; Dynamite hat. Love the felt, light brown leather sweat (my personal fav of the Gannon sweats) and ribbon. Truly a great looking hat.

Would it not be great if we could order several ribbons and exchange them out depending on our whims? Something to dream about, but not possible. In the absence of exchangeable ribbons, what should we choose; a ribbon like yours, a Strat-like ribbon or a Wanderer-like ribbon. I want them all. On that note, we all should have 3 moss green hats each with a different ribbon for those whims. This evening I challenge myself by wishing for 3 moss green hats.

Love the new hat. Eric -

Don't tempt me, Eric!

Sent directly from my mind to yours

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Don't tempt me, Eric!

I am seeing something here with the Gannon Hats. I had Daniel sitting here taking a peek and yes the hat is super...and the way it has an appeal is simple. The Gannon hats are flat out sharp. Crisp. You know if you toss on a brand new white long sleeve dress shirt fresh and crisp...nicely ironed with proper creases the shirt speaks for itself...crisp...sharp...that is just how the Gannon hats are...finally can put our finger on it...why they are so attractive. Made sharp and crisp! Look at the inside of your Gannon...wow! No one has to point out the quality in everything he has done while making that hat for you. It just speaks for itself. WOW!

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Don't tempt me, Eric!

You need to get one of those in a blue color now....think of how many times you have wanted a blue hat that is just super clean and nice and you just did not find one that you could say, yes..that is the blue hat of my dreams...until now. I am sure you know what I mean...you may as well go ahead and tell on yourself...it is ok...a blue hat to be this hat's twin just adds to the possibilities in wardrobe and fun!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82