Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

M-422A pic thoughts (pics)

Sir Jacket

Practically Family
Hi loungers. Sorry, that should have been "fit thoughts", not "pic thoughts". Aero kindly sent me an M-422A fit jacket. I almost always take a 40" but this is a 42" because of the trim fit of the jacket.

What do you reckon? I think it's a bit loose, especially around shoulders, but I suspect 40" would be too tight in turn.

IMG_1543.jpg
IMG_1544.jpg

IMG_1545.jpg

IMG_1546.jpg

IMG_1547.jpg

Well-fitting ELC A2 for comparison:
IMG_1548.jpg

Last edited:

Siggmund

One of the Regulars
I actually think the fit across the shoulders is great. It's a very trim fitting jacket and the looseness you are feeling in the upper chest (I'm guessing) will diminish as it conforms to your body over time. Lookin' good!

wdw

One Too Many
I'm no expert, but it looks fine to me.

As a matter of interest, what's the p2p, back and sleeve lengths?

Sir Jacket

Practically Family
Thanks, chaps. Does feel a bit loose to me, especially around waist. I could be between sizes, a 41 – ouch!

Wdw, will get you those measurements. Btw, I also PMd you about your Work Coat experiences.

Deacon211

One Too Many
Agreed, it looks great. That 422 has more peaked shoulders than the A2 you are wearing and looks more square shouldered. But it seems to sit right at your shoulder points. Also, I've heard that the 422 was looser than the G-1 (of the '50s at least) so there will be more room in the body.

Remember also that the biswing back was put in to make it roomier in the upper back than the A2. So, to a degree shoulder room is a feature not a bug!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld